Kasa Device without Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-19 20:01:33
Tags: #Dimmer #No Wifi
Model: ES20M  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I want to use one of these motion sensors at my cabin that doesn't have WiFi or Internet.  Would I be able to set it up at home and take it to the cabin and have it work?  Specifically, I want to use the scheduling for on/off and motion sensor functions.  If it will work, how long will it work?  I have seen some items online about the plug products working for a while but the time drifts and it stops working.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Kasa Device without Internet
2023-05-22 07:10:07 - last edited 2023-05-22 07:12:30

@gg4 

Hi,
Generally, if you have set up the on/off schedule entries on the Kasa app for the ES20M, the entries take effect even if the ES20M has no internet. However, if you cut off power to the ES20M and then power it on, the entries won't take effect. 

The Smart Control rules work on the effective time you configured usually, and if there is no internet, the ES20M can't get the correct time, and the Smart Control rules won't take effect properly either.

Best Regards

Options
Re:Kasa Device without Internet
2023-05-23 15:47:33

@gg4 

Hi,

Using a motion sensor at your cabin without WiFi or internet connectivity is possible, depending on the specific device you choose. Some motion sensors operate on local networks and do not require internet access to function properly.

To set up the motion sensor, you can initially configure it at your home where you have WiFi. Once the scheduling and motion sensor functions are set up, you should be able to take it to your cabin and have it work Jobs as long as the device doesn't rely on internet connectivity for its core functionality.

Regarding the duration of its operation, it depends on factors such as the battery life or power source of the motion sensor. Battery-powered motion sensors can last anywhere from several months to a few years, depending on usage and the quality of the batteries. If the motion sensor is powered by an electrical outlet, it should work as long as it remains connected to a power source.

When considering purchasing a motion sensor, it's advisable to read product reviews and check for any known issues regarding time drift or performance over time. This can help ensure that you select a reliable product that will continue to work consistently.

I hope this information helps you make an informed decision. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 814

Replies: 2

Tags

Dimmer
No Wifi
Related Articles