Static IP configuration for C320WS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-24 09:38:56
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

Hello,

is there a way to configure manually the IP address of the camera?
I would like to use few cameras with NVR and having static IP would be better.

I can't use directly MAC-IP binding on my router as I have some extender in the middle and they are changing the Original MAC.

Thanks
Marco

Options
5 Reply
Re:Static IP configuration for C320WS
2023-05-25 08:06:07

@MarcoMod 

Hi,
The Tapo cam does not support the feature to set up an IP address manually.
In your usage scenario, if your router has the Address Reservation feature, you can try to reserve an IP address for the cam's MAC address displayed on the Router's client list page, and the Tapo cam will obtain the reserved IP address usually. However, if the range extender is turned off and the camera connects to the router directly, the address reservation entry on your router won't take effect since the cam's MAC address changes to the real one.

Best Regards

Options
2023-05-25 12:12:16

@Solla-topee Do you think in a new version of the FW the plan is to have manual IP configuration?
Thanks!

Options
2023-05-26 10:35:39

@MarcoMod 

Hi,
Thank you very much for your feedback.
I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate, but we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might.
Best Regards

Options
2023-06-15 06:33:48

@Solla-topee

+1 for this feature request, which may also be a bug fix...

My Unifi Ubiquiti network controller often highlights that Tapo cameras are hardcoded to try connect to a STATIC ip 192.168.0.10, before deferring to DHCP. 

So hopefully it would be a minor enhancement to provide a UI box to override this  default STATIC 192.168.0.10. 

I was going to record this as a bug, because it generates unnecessary network alerts when 2+ cameras all try to connect at the same time after a power outage (which happens every day in South Africa for example), and they're all trying to connect using STATIC 192.168.0.10, before deferring to DHCP.

Can this bug be turned into a quick-win feature, where users can enter their prefer static ip, rather than the hard coded 192.168. 0.10?

Or could you remove the 192.168.0.10 static ip hard coding, to avoid network error alerts from tapo cameras? 

Many thanks

Options
2023-06-15 11:03:54 - last edited 2023-06-15 11:04:27

@FrogMorton 

Hi,
Please help confirm the following information about your problem for further analysis.
1) Can I know the MAC address of your camera? You can send it to me via private message.
2) Where did you see the cameras try to connect using static IP 192.168.0.10? Please send me the logs for further analysis.
3) What kind of network alerts did you receive? Please send me a picture of the network alerts.

Best Regards

Options