C200 cannot scroll through recording-timeline anymore

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-30 20:08:05
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6

Since some time I have the following problem with one of my Tapo C200 cameras:

When looking at recordings, I'm unable to scroll to a specific event. Whenever I try to scroll, it jumps back to one point in time and starts playing from there, making it impossible to watch other recordings besides this one.

I made a screen recording here.

Wherever I am scrolling in the video, it always jumps back to 11:19:23

I think it must be a software issue as it was definitely working in the past.

Also I have another C200 which is working fine but is still on an older firmware (1.1.18) and Hardware version 1.0

The defective camera has

Hardware Version 2.0

Firmware Version 1.3.6

Is this a known bug? Is there some kind of fix for this behavior? Like this the camera is basically useless as I am unable to watch most of the recordings.

Options
10 Reply
Re:C200 cannot scroll through recording-timeline anymore
2023-05-31 09:09:20

@Brintal 

Hi,
This is not a known issue on the Tapo C200, please help confirm the following information for further analysis.
1. When did you buy the Tapo C200 V2 and when did the problem start to happen?
2. Please help check the model number, storage capacity, and format type of the SD card inserted into the camera.
3. Please refer to the link below to verify if the SD card is fake by the H2testw tool and send me the test result.
How to Verify Fake Micro SD Cards?
4. Refer to the link below to collect the device log and send it to me via private message.
How to Get the Log of Tapo Camera?

Best Regards

Options
2023-06-28 06:56:38

@Solla-topee 

Hi,

It happens exactly the same. The only difference is that my hardware version is 1.0.

It has been updating to firmware 1.3.6 and put where I put the timeline, it plays from any point except where I put it

It seems that it is a problem that is beginning to be known in tapo C200

Please check the latest firmware

Thanks

Options
2023-06-28 12:45:44

@Krlos 

Hi,
We are releasing a new Tapo app version (2.16.112) gradually, and please go to Google Play or App Store to download and update the Tapo app to the latest version and check if it will solve the problem.
If the problem remains, I'll escalate your case to the support engineers for further analysis.
Best Regards

Options
2023-06-28 14:35:30

@Solla-topee 

Hi,

I have removed and downloaded the tp-link Tapo app from google play and it is the same one that I had installed, with the same version 1.3.6.
The problem continues

I also have another problem with ONVIF events in my surveillance center. Now moving events do not trigger recording.

I have never had these problems before.

if there is a new version, exactly what name is it?

Thanks

Options
2023-06-29 09:20:41

@Krlos 

Hi,

We have reported the issue to the tech team, and they will likely reach out to you via email to continue troubleshooting your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.

Best Regards

Options
2023-09-24 17:48:11

@Solla-topee 

Could you give us an update on this?

I'm on tapo app version 2.18.102 and c200 firmware version 1.3.6 and the problem persists.

(Also noone reached out to me regarding the issue)

Thanks.

Options
2023-09-26 10:14:00

@Brintal 

Hi, 
The jump back on timeline issue is solved on the previous Tapo app version(before 2.18.102). If the problem persists on your Tapo app(2.18.102), please help collect the following information for further analysis.
1. What's the model number and OS version of your phone? If you have a different phone, please install the latest Tapo app to have a test.

2. Please help check the model number, storage capacity, and format type of the SD card inserted into the camera.

3. Can you share a link via private message with me to download the video about the problem?

4. Is the time and date showing correct on the camera's live view page?

Best Regards

Options
2023-09-28 10:14:19

@Solla-topee 

1. OnePlus 8T, OxygenOS 13.1 (Android 13)

2. SanDisk Ultra 32GB (also tested with Intenso MicroSD HC 32 GB)
Format Type: I don't know. I formatted the Micro SD cards using the "Format" Button in the Tapo App

3. Please see my original post. There is a screen recording there illustrating the problem.

4. Time and date shown is correct

I have two C200s, one with Hardware Version 1.0 and one with Hardware Version 2.0.

The camera making the problems is on Hardware Version 2.0.

I made sure both cameras are on the same firmware version (1.3.6).

I tried switching the SD cards of the cameras. Changing the SD cards didn't make any difference. Camera Hardware Version 2.0 still had the "jump back problem" and Camera Hardware Version 1.0 is working fine with either SD Card. Actually even without formatting the SD Card I could watch recordings on Hardware Version 1.0 which were previously making problems on Hardware Version 2.0.

Hence it seems very much related to Hardware Version 2.0.

Is it possible, that the "jump back issue" was only fixed for Hardware Version 1.0?

I'm not sure if it's related, but I also realized that although both cameras are on the same firmware version, they do not provide the same features in the Tapo App. E.g. camera with Hardware Version 1.0 has a button to change the recording quality which is missing in Hardware Version 2.0:

Options
2023-09-28 11:04:06

@Brintal 

Hi,
I have sent a link to download the Tapo App(3.0.527) for you via private message, please check if the problem disappears on the new app.
Best Regards

Options
2023-10-10 08:13:53

@Brintal my event feed is completely missing also. annoying

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 568

Replies: 10

Related Articles