Smart action stuck in loop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-08 04:35:05
Tags: #Smart Action
Model: KC100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.3.6

Hi, 

I have a Smart Action set up so when the KC100 detects movement in my Garage it triggers my KP303 to turn on a light. It then turns off the light after 10 minutes.

This has worked wonderfully until a firmware update about 6 months ago. Now the Smart Action triggers after movement, the KP303 turns on the light and then turns it off after 10 minutes. This is great however the light turning off now re-triggers the movement detection on the KC100 and the Smart Action then begins again.

It then gets stuck in a loop until I manually turn off the camera and then the switch... This is frustrating as it worked fine for a long time before the update. 

Is there something I need to change? 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Smart action stuck in loop
2023-07-11 06:15:50

@M100 

Hi,
Thank you for the case report. According to your problem description, the key point is that the KP303 turning off the light will lead the KC100 to detect motion again. Please check when the light is turned on or off by the KP303, are there any changes in the area monitored by the KC100, including the movement of the objects, the light and shadow changes of the object, etc.? These will trigger the motion detection feature of the KC100 to take effect.

Best Regards

Options
2023-07-11 06:39:29

@Solla-topee 

Hello, thank you for your reply.

There is no movement after the light turns off.

It is located in an enclosed garage, the KC100 is triggered by the change in light.

For example, to stop the loop I need to use the Kasa App to manually turn the KC100 to privacy mode, switch the KP303 off, then manually turn the KC100 back to on again. 

If I switch the KP303 off before turning the KC100 to privacy mode the action is triggered by the KC100 and the light turns straight back on again. 

Hope that helps.

Options
2023-07-12 11:14:58

@M100 

Hi,
The usage scenario is special from your description, and light on/off triggers the KC100's motion detection feature to work so the smart action is stuck in a loop.
You can adjust the direction and activity zone of the KC100 to avoid the area that lightning by your light and then check if the smart action entry will work fine.
Best Regards

Options
2023-07-15 20:58:23

@M100 

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out about the issue you're facing with the KC100 and KP303 devices. It appears that the firmware update caused a loop in the Smart Garage Door Action triggering when the light turns off. To resolve this, you can try adjusting the settings of the KC100 motion detection or the Smart Action configuration. You may need to extend the delay between the light turning off and the KC100 reactivating the motion detection. Additionally, ensure that both devices have the latest firmware updates installed. If the issue persists, reaching out to the customer support of the manufacturer for further assistance would be beneficial.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 420

Replies: 4

Tags

Smart Action
Related Articles