Smart action to send notification

2024-03-15 09:11:42 - last edited 2024-03-19 09:57:29

Hi

I want to change the way that I get notified by my doorbell

I want it to record people etc but only notify me when the bell is pressed.

I read that this can be achieved with a smart action.

I've set up the "when" but can't find the "send me a notification" on the "then" section.

Where is this?

Cheers

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Smart action to send notification-Solution
2024-03-19 08:40:21 - last edited 2024-03-19 09:57:29

@Samo 

Hi,
The features on the doorbell can also meet your requirements now, and the notification settings won't affect the detection feature. On the doorbell's Device Settings>Detection page, you can enable the detection types as you need, and on the Notification feature, you can select none of the detection types. And with these settings, the camera will record events but not send notifications.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Smart action to send notification
2024-03-18 07:41:21

@Samo 

Hi,
The doorbell cameras such as Tapo D230 support selecting the activity type on the Notification page, if you want to receive notifications only when the doorbell is pressed, on the camera's Device Settings>Notifications page, please enable the Activity Notifications feature, do not select any detection type in the Activity Type, and set the schedule you want to receive the notification and tap Save to save your configurations.
Best Regards

Options
2024-03-18 12:43:05

@Solla-topee Hi, thanks for the reply.

What I actually want is to record events, but not get notified (apart from the bell).

Since posting this I've seen that I need to set up an action, once Actions 2.0 is released.

Options
Re:Smart action to send notification-Solution
2024-03-19 08:40:21 - last edited 2024-03-19 09:57:29

@Samo 

Hi,
The features on the doorbell can also meet your requirements now, and the notification settings won't affect the detection feature. On the doorbell's Device Settings>Detection page, you can enable the detection types as you need, and on the Notification feature, you can select none of the detection types. And with these settings, the camera will record events but not send notifications.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-03-19 08:52:21

@Solla-topee 

Ahh, thanks so much, it's so simple when you know how.

I've seen quite a lot of posts of people discussing this and similar things and all of them seem to think it's really difficult to achieve, but as you point out, it's not

Thanks for simplifying it.

Options
2024-03-19 09:57:23

@Samo 

Hi,
We are continuously improving our products and delivering the best performance possible, the Tapo D230 has added the feature to select the notification activity types via firmware updates, so the usage scenario you want can be achieved now.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 144

Replies: 5

Related Articles