Download feature on iPhone Tapo App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-13 22:56:09
Model: Tapo C225   Tapo C210   Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi. My sister just showed me that the Android version of the Tapo App now has the ability to download direct the Camera video recording to her Android phone. i.e. Under Playback & Memory, select the activity and there is a "3 dots" on the right side of the activity which has a download function. This makes it so much easier to download the video image than the current method of having to do a recording of a recording on the SD Card.. then go to Memory and select download.

Is this feature coming up on the latest iPhone IOS Tapo App?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Download feature on iPhone Tapo App
2023-07-14 10:08:10

@Wengster007 

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback. We have some Tapo Cams that support the feature to download video recordings from the SD card locally, such as Tapo C210 V1 and Tapo C325WB V1, and this download feature is available on the Android and iOS Tapo app.

If you have a Tapo C210 V1, please ensure the Tapo cam and Tapo app are up to date, and then check if you can download the video recordings from the SD card when your phone connects to the same Wi-Fi as the Tapo C210.

While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll forward the request to add the feature to download video recordings from SD card locally for other Tapo camera models to the related team to evaluate.

Best Regards

Options
2023-07-14 11:31:38

@Solla-topee Thank you. My Tapo C210 is V2. Will it work as well? I don't have a SD card on my Tapo C210 V2 yet so I can't test it at the moment. Is there a plan to release it for all the Tapo series camera? Or will it be limited to certain models only?

Options
2023-07-17 09:47:51

@Wengster007 

Hi,
The Tapo C210 V2 does not have this feature now. 
It is recommended to pay attention to the firmware release notes of the Tapo cameras. Generally, if new firmware has new features, you'll see them introduced in the release notes.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 285

Replies: 3

Related Articles