TC70 V 3.0 Keeps disconnecting from Wi-fi network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-14 22:43:11
Tags: #Offline
Model: TC70  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.4

Hello,

I have 2 TC70 cameras, one in the bedroom (older one) and one in the corridor (new). While the older one has never had any connection issue, the new camera keeps going offline, let's say every second day. In order for camera to reconnect to the Wi-fi network, I need to power it off and on. The interesting thing is that the camera records everything and moves. It was on "away" and when I came back, the camera moved and followed me but by being offline it could not send any notification. I got the notifications only when the camera reconnected to the Wifi network after rebooting.

This camera is placed at 5 cm from the router and gets an excellent signal. I've done the changes to the router settings as suggested by the troubleshooting instructions but nothing has changed. To me, it's unlikely that the router causes the problem as my older camera has never had any issue. I was thinking... is the camera perhaps too close to the router?

I wanted to contact the customer support but there is no way I can send the diagnose logs to the tech support form. Does TP-LINK have an email address I can send my diagnose file too? I have attached the file to this conversation. I have downloaded it after the camera disconnected today so you should see the error there. Can anyone help me please? I'm going on holidays for 3 weeks in a week or so. I'd like the camera to work properly.

Many thanks

File:
diagnose_log.rarDownload
Options
1 Reply
Re:TC70 V 3.0 Keeps disconnecting from Wi-fi network
2023-08-15 08:02:19

@Ste1980 

Hi, 
Thank you for your case report. 

1. If you have inserted an SD card into the camera, some of the features, such as the motion detection and recording features, stay work when the camera has no internet since the internet is not necessary for these features to work. 

2. Usually, you can refer to the link below to troubleshoot if you have an unstable issue, and please check if you have tried all the suggestions in the link and what're the results.
What should I do if my Tapo smart camera keeps losing connection or going Offline?

If you have not tried to reset the TC70 and reconfigure it, you can have a try.
And you can move the TC70 away from the router(maybe within 1-2 meters) and then check if it helps.

3. You can click Here to send an email to the TP-Link tech support.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 114

Replies: 1

Tags

Related Articles