Tapo C500 1.0.6 always loses the motion detection zones

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-27 10:40:13 - last edited 2023-08-28 10:14:33
Tags: #Motion Detection #Home/Away Mode
Model: Tapo C500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

Hello, my customer and my C500 after upgrading to 1.0.6 firmware, the motion detection zones disappear after a while. 

This issue happens on the Camera's settings and in the Away Mode. I have tried to fix this issue by uninstall the Tapo App 3.0 and go back to the old one, but it still happen.

If this is an error, please fix it sad

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo C500 1.0.6 always loses the motion detection zones
2023-08-28 09:55:34

@NguyenKhoi 

Hi,
The problem may be related to the Away mode settings, could you please describe the detailed problem phenomenon for further analysis? For example, you have set the Activity Zones on the Motion Detection page, but it appears after you apply the Away mode settings on the Tapo app, etc.

The away mode and the home mode, are two different preset settings for the Detection feature. You can tap the button to quickly apply the preset settings to the camera when you are home or away, and please note that the mode settings will overwrite the current settings. 
After you apply the Away mode or Home mode through the Tapo app, your current settings may be changed.
How to edit Home and Away Mode for Tapo camera?

Best Regards

Options
2023-08-28 10:33:27

@Solla-topee sorry for the unclear description, let me describe it again.

So, the Motion Detection zones in the Away Mode disappear after a while setting it, so there's no problem with the motion detection zones in Camera Settings

In Away Mode, I set some zones and save it, I DON'T apply it to the cameras, after a while, the motion detection zones in Away Mode disappear.

Here's video about that, please notice the time, the video is an original screen recording from my phone, and it's unedited.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/6bwsjo4q5f7kihn79qbaz/Video-28-08-2023-17-28-17.mp4?rlkey=h95fpykvhbumlbi328ok3nde2&dl=0

Options
2023-08-29 06:39:50

@NguyenKhoi 

Hi, 
Thank you for the detailed explanation. 
Please refer to the link in the private message to download the new Tapo app and install it on your iPhone, then check if it will solve the problem.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 320

Replies: 3

Tags

Motion Detection
Home/Away Mode
Related Articles