P100 plugs react slow to commands

P100 plugs react slow to commands

22 Reply
Re:P100 plugs react slow to commands
2024-02-17 11:17:42 - last edited 2024-02-17 11:18:13

@EmmetBarry I spent weeks troubleshooting this issue with tp link support. My problem was the same as yours, using p100 hw version 2.0 with Alexa voice commands.

The first command sent could take up to a minute to complete. After the first command getting executed, it seemed to work ok then.

Eventually tp link accepted that there was a problem and agreed to replace. The replacement they sent was also hw version 2.0 and it exhibited the same issue. When I flagged this they told me they had no more hw version 1.2 in stock (that one works)

So they are left with an unhappy customer and I am planning to buy devices from another vendor 

Options
2024-02-17 12:17:02

@gavinliston 

I'll be annoyed if they do not work. I spent time setting them up and trouble shooting. Bad form. Will be moving into a new house soon which we have networked. Need to buy the switch, routers etc for the house. Was hoping to have all one brand, but if this is an issue i will be rethinking that. 

Shame as the tapo app is good but the devices are useless if it takes 5 minutes to activate. 

Options
2024-03-01 02:23:33

EmmetBarry wrote

@leia 

Hello,

Was there a resolution. 

I have a number of Alexa, godsend and smart life devices active at the moment with no historic or current issues. They worked out of box well and continue to do so.

I received the package OF 4 PLUGS AND 6 BULBS, TAPO, and activated the devices in the TAPO app and then linked to Alexa.

My issue is that it can take up to 5 minutes before the lights/devices activate after an Alexa command. Can be instant after it activates.

I have tried to rename the devices/locations/groups the same on both apps. Deregistered the account.

It is random, sometimes it will be instant and sometimes it will be 5+ minutes.

I really dont want to have to send them back.

@EmmetBarry 

Do you use the Alexa App or voice control? Any delay with Tapo App control?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-03-01 03:47:46

@Wayne-TP 

The delay it turns out is also in the tapo app.

None of my other devices have a delay. 

I am getting fibre next week ( supposed to be last week) and so I. Am currently resetting all devices and will set them up again when the fibre is installed and see.

After that they go back

Options
2024-03-01 03:51:26

@Wayne-TP 

Use both app and voice. 

Options
2024-03-07 18:10:40

New fibre was installed.

Computers and phones hooked up.

All echo devices deregistered and reset. All tapo and other smart devices deregistered and reset.

Reset up the echos. Then the tapo plugs and bulbs on the app. Then connected with echo.

Still the 30s - 2min delay.

Tried one of my other plugs, perfect, tried another brand blub, perfect.

Unless someone comeup with a solution by tomorrow i think i am going to have to return the 6 bulbs, 4 plugs, switches and whatever else from TP link.

Very annoyed as i thought this was a quality brand that should work seemlessly with alexa. 

Any last minute ideas

Options
2024-03-11 08:58:10

@EmmetBarry 

It looks like this issue needs targeted further debugging, if you're still willing to try, let me know your contact email via private message and we'll assist in submitting this case to a support engineer for review.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-03-11 09:17:11
Its a waste of time doing this. I spent 2 months troubleshooting and the TP link team accepted there was an issue with P100 v2.0 w/Alexa After that they failed to act. No replacement was provided, I am still chasing but getting no reply. Total waste of my time. Just return them. Why are they aksing you to troubleshoot when my issue [TKID231155993] has already shown this to be a bug.
Options
2024-03-12 06:55:14

@gavinliston 

I have decided to return the devices. I bought another brand of plug and of lights. Both work flawlessly. I would suggest that perhaps the fact that the app makes you add the devices to a group confuses alexa. Just let the user add the device to the app and sort the group out in Alexa. This is how the other devices operate and they all work.

There should be no debugging really. Either they work or they don't

I have decided to keep my other TP link devices that i bought at the same time for now until i move in the new house and open them to use. I will give them a chance and see. 

Options
2024-03-12 18:39:30

@EmmetBarry What brand and model do you recommend? I may purchase this also since TP link does not work for me.

Options