Tapo H200 Hub Alarm Synced to Camera Alarm Schedules
Tapo H200 Hub Alarm Synced to Camera Alarm Schedules
2023-09-11 07:01:59 - last edited 2023-12-15 08:46:32
Model: Tapo H200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.21

This might be more of a bug than a feature but putting it here anyway

Current state:

After setting the schedule for the camera alarm, there is an option to also trigger the hub alarm, however the hub alarm does not follow the camera schedule and will be triggered by any motion. Option is found below:

Select camera > Settings > Detections & Alerts > Camera Alarm > Trigger Hub Alarm > On/off

I have confirmed the time zone settings and tested multiple options but the Hub alarm will always be triggered by motion, despite the camera alarm not being triggered. It has also been confirmed by another user on the forum on this post:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/608948?replyId=1215118 

Desired state:

When selecting 'On' for the 'Trigger Hub Alarm' option, the hub will follow the schedule of the camera and only be triggered if the camera alarm is triggered.

This will assist with notifying users when they are out of audio range of the camera to suspicious activity occurring, likely in the middle of the night when usual notifications might be muted or not be enough to wake someone.

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo H200 Hub Alarm Synced to Camera Alarm Schedules-Solution
2023-12-15 08:46:28 - last edited 2023-12-15 08:46:32

@captaingreek 

Hi,
You can set the Tapo H200 to alarm during a specific time with the Smart Action(Automation) feature. Below are the instructions.

1) With the latest Tapo app, go to the camera Device Settings>Alarm>Trigger Hub Alarm page to turn off it. 

2) Go to the Smart Action page to add an Automation entry to trigger the hub alarm when the camera detects events, and you can set the effective time for this Automation entry to work.
How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices?
Trigger: when the camera detects motion, person, etc.
Action: Ring the hub Tapo H200
Effective Time: select Custom Time and set the time you want the entry to work.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
12 Reply
RE:Tapo H200 Hub Alarm Synced to Camera Alarm Schedules
2023-09-11 07:04:07 - last edited 2023-09-12 01:08:18
Great feature
Options
RE:Tapo H200 Hub Alarm Synced to Camera Alarm Schedules
2023-09-15 06:45:50

@Kaptain-K 

Hello, 
Thank you for your feedback here, we certainly appreciate your feedback and feature request.
While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.
If other users have the same request, please vote on this thread or leave your comments.
Best Regards

Options
Re:Tapo H200 Hub Alarm Synced to Camera Alarm Schedules
2023-12-10 17:50:20

@Kaptain-K I thought that this is a bug too, but it probably is a feature that shouldn't work as it does now.

If the support reads this, maybe a "trigger hub" option within the detection tab would solve the problem. This way the detection and the alarm can be 100% two different setups.

Options
Re:Tapo H200 Hub Alarm Synced to Camera Alarm Schedules-Solution
2023-12-15 08:46:28 - last edited 2023-12-15 08:46:32

@captaingreek 

Hi,
You can set the Tapo H200 to alarm during a specific time with the Smart Action(Automation) feature. Below are the instructions.

1) With the latest Tapo app, go to the camera Device Settings>Alarm>Trigger Hub Alarm page to turn off it. 

2) Go to the Smart Action page to add an Automation entry to trigger the hub alarm when the camera detects events, and you can set the effective time for this Automation entry to work.
How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices?
Trigger: when the camera detects motion, person, etc.
Action: Ring the hub Tapo H200
Effective Time: select Custom Time and set the time you want the entry to work.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-12-21 22:38:07

@Solla-topee Many thanks for the update here with the smart action.

I'll be testing this and provide an update.

Options
2023-12-21 23:52:32
Confirmed this works, thankyou @Solla-topee
Options
2023-12-22 08:59:25

@Kaptain-K  Hi, glad to hear your devices are working fine, and you can enjoy your devices. smiley

Options
2024-02-24 21:39:16

@Kaptain-K Hi! It would be great we can do this trigger option with H100 too. Or if we buy H200, let it connect it with other cameras. For example, i have two C200 and one C320WS and i can not do it...

Thanks

Options
2024-02-28 10:08:49

@Solla-topee Hi and thanks for the reply. The problem here is how to schedule the hub's alarm to go off at a specific time period, when the camera detects something.

What you told me is working. For anyone that sees this, this is how you can set the hub alarm (not the camera's alarm) to go off when the camera detects something at a scheduled time (Remember! The detection should be ON in camera's settings):

automation

But this is NOT intuitive at al! Most users would try to schedule the hub's alarm to go off within the camera's settings.

Normally, this is how a user would try to set it:

1) The camera's alarm is OFF (we want the hub to ring), the detection is ON and the Trigger Hub Alarm is ON.
The hub starts ringing when the camera detects a person. That's great, but that's not scheduled!!

camera settings

camera alarm on_trigger hub alarm off

2) The camera's alarm is ON and the detection is ON and scheduled for an hour later. The Trigger Hub Alarm is ON.

Even before the scheduled time, when the camera detects someone the hub (not the camera) is ringing!! The hub doesn't follow the camera's schedule.

camera alarm on and scheduled

camera alarm on and scheduled_trigger hub on

From the above it's obvious that WHENEVER the detection AND the trigger hub alarm are ON, the hub is ringing no matter if the camera's alarm or schedule are set.

In the camera's settings: Detection + Trigger Hub Alarm = Hub siren

But it would be much better if the camera's settings included all the detection and alarm settings!
The Trigger Hub Alarm within camera's settings should work ONLY when scheduled by the camera, not on every detection. The camera is the trigger factor, so it is correct that the camera's settings include the hub's alarm (but it doesn't work with schedule).

The automation for this specific reason (to schedule the hub's alarm to work at a specific time period) is not intuitive and feels like hidden there.

Options
2024-02-28 11:02:42

@captaingreek 

Hi,
Thank you for your detailed explanation, I'll log it and forward it to the related team to evaluate.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 661

Replies: 12

Voters 4