Doorbell activity zones not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-11 16:52:31 - last edited 2023-09-12 07:26:34
Tags: #Motion Detection #Activity Zone

When i select a small activity area in front of the doorbell I still get alerts for motion that is well beyond this area. If I set the sensitivity lower I then miss alerts from within the zone.

Can anyone confirm that they have successfully setup a motion detection zone? Thanks

Options
8 Reply
Re:Doorbell activity zones not working
2023-09-12 07:39:25

@Dipil 

Hi,
Regarding the Activity Zone issue, when the Sensitivity is set higher, please help confirm the following information for further analysis.
1. Please send me the pictures of your Sensitivity and Motion Detection page.

2. If you have enabled Person Detection or other detection features on the Tapo app, please send me the pictures of these settings pages.

3. Have you received motion-detected notification or other types of notification when the event happens beyond the activity zone?

4. Can you share a video that shows the event beyond the activity zone triggering the motion alerts of the doorbell with us?

You can send a link via private message to download the pictures and videos about the problem.

Best Regards

Options
2023-09-14 09:35:28

@Dipil 

Hi,
Thank you for the pictures of your detection settings pages and the video.
From the video, I think it's the vehicle that triggers the alerts, and it's normal because you have enabled the Vehicle Detection feature. 
Please note that the Activity Zone you configured on the Motion Detection page works for the motion detection feature only. The activity zone for the person and vehicle detection feature is the full screen.

Best Regards

Options
2023-09-18 08:46:26
Thanks for the reply. I have now had the AI detection turned off over the weekend and have found that i am still receiving motion alerts for activities that are well outside the highlighted area. This is even with the sensitivity reduced. Could you please investigate this further? Perhaps there is a software issue. Thanks.
Options
2023-09-19 08:42:41

@Dipil 

Hi,
For the new issue, please send me a link via private message to download the following picture and video.
1. Please send me a picture of the Motion Detection>>Activity Zone page.
2. Please send me a video that shows an event outside the activity zone that triggers the motion-detected notification.

Best Regards

Options
2023-09-22 10:13:11

@Dipil 

Hi,
Thank you very much for the settings page and video, I have reported the issue to the tech team, and they will likely reach out to you via email to continue troubleshooting your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.
Best Regards

Options
2023-10-31 13:16:49

@Solla-topee I have the same issue with my newly bought D23O.

Can you tell me how to fix? Motion is always detected even with the activity zones activated.

Thanks in advance.

Options
2023-10-31 17:42:42

@E-ONE 

I was informed that the AI detection was for the whole area so needs to be turned off. Motion detection area can then be set but I have had to reduce the sensitivity to about 7 to reduce false alarms. Wake up sensitivity is about 10 I think. It seems quite difficult to find the balance between false alarms and not missing alerts.

Options
2023-11-01 10:07:34

@Dipil  Thank you very much for your kind case sharing.

@E-ONE  You can try to set the Motion detection sensitivity to 7 and wake-up sensitivity to 10, then check if the changes will help in this case.

If the problem remains, please send me the following information for further analysis.
1) The pictures of your doorbell's Detection, Motion Detection, and Wake-up Settings pages.
2) Whether only motion-detected notification is received?
3) Share a video that shows the event beyond the activity zone triggering the motion alerts of the doorbell with us.
You can upload the pictures and video to your cloud server(such as Google Drive) and generate a link, then send me the link via private message to download them.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 453

Replies: 8

Tags

Motion Detection
Activity Zone
Related Articles