Is it possible to use the hub in an extended network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-09 20:18:19

To make my wifi cover all the area I need, i use an extender. This means some of the devices connected to the hub need to connect to the extended network, to get a reliable connection. Is it possible to make the hub work with the "basic" network and with the extended network? They have different SSID and password. It is also possible to configure the extended network to have the same SSID and password as the "basic" network. Would that make a difference?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Is it possible to use the hub in an extended network
2023-10-31 10:49:38

@DonDiego 

Hi,
The Tapo devices connected to the Tapo hub to work can't connect to a Wi-Fi network, however, it's possible to connect the hub to the extender's Wi-Fi network to work.
If the extender has a different SSID and password from the "basic" network, it's suggested to reset the hub and reconfigure it to connect to the extender's Wi-Fi to work.
If the extender has the same SSID and password as the "basic" network, you can try to move the hub close to the extender, reboot the hub, and check if it will connect to the extender's Wi-Fi.

Best Regards

Options