C420 not recording

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

C420 not recording

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
C420 not recording
C420 not recording
2023-10-12 20:54:47
Model: Tapo C420S2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.14

My C420 camera is not recording at all. I have it facing my shed only 4m away. Clear field of view. Sensitivity is set to 10. I have it set for notifications to be sent between 8pm and 8am. It's not recording anything. Strong wifi signal to the hub. When I test it by walking in front of the camera the green light turns on but it doesn't record.

Options
2 Reply
Re:C420 not recording
2023-10-12 21:15:17
If just further tested my other cameras. My Tapo doorbell camera is having the same issue. I have AI person detection turned in with notifications set to 8pm-8am. It hasn’t recorded anything for days. I just turned notifications for my shed c420 back to always and it started recording again. This is inconsistent with my c420 I have out the front of my house. I have the settings all the same, AI turned on for person detection and notifications set for 8pm-8am and it records all person activations during the day. The doorbell cam and rear of house c420 same settings don’t record unless notifications are set to always. This is not helpful and needs to be rectified. Shouldn’t have to have notifications sent to me all day long just for the things to record!
Options
Re:C420 not recording
2023-10-13 09:30:58

@Gardz 

Hi,
Are the three cameras connected to the same Tapo H200 or a different one?
If they connect to different hubs, please reboot the H200 that the problematic C420 and D230 connected to, then check if the cameras' video recordings will be saved to the SD card on the hub when the notification is set to 8 PM-8 AM.

Best Regards

Options