Solar Panel & Charging

Solar Panel & Charging

Solar Panel & Charging
Solar Panel & Charging
2023-10-24 17:30:31
Tags: #Solar Power

Hello,

I'm interested in the solar panel to pair with my C420 camera. The battery life simply isn't sufficient enough for how I'm using this camera as it is watching over my front door and the road near to it where I park. This obviously means a lot of motion thus draining my battery way quicker than my second camera at the rear of the property overlooking just my garden. 

I have a TP Link camera in my hall as a 'pet cam' that's wired in and my first comparison to the battery camera is the fact it's unable to constantly record (makes sense). Will pairing my C420 with the solar panel enable this feature? Or at least be sufficient enough that I won't need to worry about Motion Only settings being turned up? I currently have bare minimal settings rendering it quite unprotective and 4 days into a full charge, we're sitting at about 50%. 

I do not have a suitable way to wire in another camera so the battery option was great, unfortunately there's just that much motion on my road that it's actually a bit of a hassle.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Solar Panel & Charging
2023-10-25 09:29:08

@RJNicholds 

Hi,
Currently, we have the Tapo A200 solar panel that can work with the Tapo C420. 
Since Tapo A200 charging power may vary based on installation location, weather conditions, temperature, and other environmental factors, and the Tapo C420 detects events vary either, it is hard to say the Tapo C420 will always have enough power and it does not support continuous recording even if work with the solar panel. However, you can adjust the detection settings according to the actual usage scenario to better protect your security.

Best Regards

Options
2024-03-05 08:26:12

@RJNicholds 

There are issues they first need to resolve.

I use solar panels on both my camera's but it works inconsistently. Some days they charge some days they don't.

I reported the problem and waiting for an answer.

I'm not the only one having this problem.

I believe it's a firmware issue.

Kind regards

RJNicholds wrote

Hello,

I'm interested in the solar panel to pair with my C420 camera. The battery life simply isn't sufficient enough for how I'm using this camera as it is watching over my front door and the road near to it where I park. This obviously means a lot of motion thus draining my battery way quicker than my second camera at the rear of the property overlooking just my garden. 

I have a TP Link camera in my hall as a 'pet cam' that's wired in and my first comparison to the battery camera is the fact it's unable to constantly record (makes sense). Will pairing my C420 with the solar panel enable this feature? Or at least be sufficient enough that I won't need to worry about Motion Only settings being turned up? I currently have bare minimal settings rendering it quite unprotective and 4 days into a full charge, we're sitting at about 50%. 

I do not have a suitable way to wire in another camera so the battery option was great, unfortunately there's just that much motion on my road that it's actually a bit of a hassle.

Options
2024-03-05 11:01:12

@Corke 

Hi,
Thank you for the case report. It's recommended to confirm the information about your problem in the thread "A200 solar panels" for further analysis.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 613

Replies: 3

Tags

Solar Power
Related Articles