Tapo C520WS microphone is not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-05 23:34:44 - last edited 2023-11-06 09:22:20
Model: Tapo C520WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.11 Build 230621 Rel.72773n

I have 2 Tapo C520WS and both has the same issue. According to the iOS App, the microphones volume settings are ok, but beside some occasionally noise and ratcheting sound the microphone is not working at all. Live view and recorded video has the same problem. Firmware 1.0.11 Build 230621 Rel.72773n

note: I was not able to find the C520WS in your database, so I chose C510W as model .

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo C520WS microphone is not working
2023-11-06 09:42:07

@Jazoo 

Hi,
On the camera's Live View page, please tap the Call icon to enter the Voice Call page and tap the icon at the right corner, send me a picture of the camera's microphone and speaker settings page.

Please test with the Voice Call feature to check if the camera only has a microphone feature not working, and check if the speaker feature is working.

Please check if there is something on the camera blocking its microphone thus the feature doesn't work.

Best Regards

Options
2023-11-07 11:31:51

I have checked the calling function. It is working and it is OK, clear and loud enough.

I did the test both of my cameras, they are not at the same place. I did the test both my iPhone 14 plus and my older iPad Pro 11 (2018).

The sound of the mic is more noise than real sound, hissing, crackling and constant stuttering. The real environmental sound is there, but very muted and just for a moment or less. 

I tested more. From half a meter the mic is working without stuttering and much noise, but all the sound is high pitched. From a meter it is like an extremely compressed low quality audio, robotic. From 3 meters constant stuttering, noise and. So if the source of the sound is very near the mic is working, still worse than a telephone calling 50 years ago. It is like the silence is replaced by noise or a very bad reception with a short lenght radio.

@Solla-topee 

Options
2023-11-08 07:56:08

@Jazoo 

Hi, 
Thank you very much for your cooperation and tests. Based on your test results, please help complete the following steps and send us the videos for further analysis. 
1) When you are at home, please set up a Voice Call on the camera's Live View page via the Tapo app.
2) Have someone in front of the camera within half a meter, talk to the camera, and use another phone to record the Live View page of the Tapo camera.
3) Repeat Step 2 but have someone in front of the camera within a meter and thress meters.
4) Send me the video recordings for further analysis. (You can upload the video recordings to your cloud server, such as Google Drive, and generate a link, then send me the link via private message to download the video recordings.)

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 480

Replies: 3

Related Articles