Problem with C420 and wifi/battery

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-08 07:46:25 - last edited 2023-11-08 15:53:22
Model: Tapo C420S2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.14

Hi all,

I have a problem with a C420 camera.

I bought 3 month ago on Amazon a pack where inside there were 2x C420 cameras.

Both cameras are setup exactly the same. Same settings, same detection setup. I also try to reset both of them and actually they both have the same DEFAULT settings.

I'm doing a test, both camera are one close to each other over a table, really close to wifi router, the connection is so perfect.

THE PROBLEM

First camera work well (from the first day). When a movement is detected, the front GREEN led appear (correct) and it start to record. Than after some seconds of no more movement the green led switch off and the camera switch off. Perfect, this is how it must work! And the battery have a LONG duration. All fine!

Second camera (the one with problem from the FIRST DAY). When a movement is detected, the front GREEN led appear (correct) and it start to record. Than after some seconds of no movement the green led switch off BUT (and here the problem) immediatly it start to flash orange (I suppose he lost wifi and try to search again it?)...than, after some moment (about 6-8 orange fleshing, about 7/8 seconds) the led switch again to GREEN....than....after some seconds (about 6) it again switch to orange flashing...and it repeat this for some cycle (about 4 5)...and finally, in a certain moment, after the green light switch off, the orange led not appear and the camera finally swith off. The problem is that it do this every time, every movement detection and the battery duration is MUCH more bad as the first camera. A huge difference. First camera duration is about 2 month, second camera is 2 WEEK!

And I'm trying them in the exact same situation/setting. Both camera are on a table INSIDE my home, at 3meters from router, connection is super good.

What can it be? Camera damaged from the start? Maybe an hard reset can work? I try to push the bach button RESET for 5 seconds...but the problem still present.

In my opiion the camera have some problems itself...

Any suggestion?

Thanks so much

Options
4 Reply
Re:Problem with C420 and wifi/battery
2023-11-09 08:37:02

@UfoRiky 

Hi,
Please help confirm the following information for your issue.
1. The Tapo C420 connects to the Tapo hub H200 to go to the internet, please check how far between the C420 and the hub.
2. Please try to swap the two C420 locations and check if the problem remains on the same C420. If so, please swap the battery on the two C420 for a try.
3. When press the reset button on the problematic C420, can you reset it successfully? Please check if the C420 will have a flashing red and green light after reset, and you can try to reconfigure it.
How to reset my Tapo camera?

Best Regards

Options
2023-11-17 16:13:42 - last edited 2023-11-17 16:16:06

@Solla-topee 

I reply point by point

1) yes, C420 is connected to H200. As I wrote, distance is so low, about 2 meters as the other camera. Same settings, same distance to hub, same wifi connection.

2) Wait. As I explained, in the test that I did, the two camera are side by side on the table, in order to have the exact same situation for both. Already tried to swap battery, no difference. The problem is not the battery.

3) confirm, after the reset the flashing led is as it must be and I can normally reconfigure it normally.

Can I maybe send you a video to show exactly the problem that I explain above? Have you a cloud where I can put the video?

If I have to send back only that camera, what I must to do?

Thanks a lot, best regards

Options
2023-11-19 10:58:07 - last edited 2023-11-19 10:59:37

@Solla-topee 

And here the video to show you the problem: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13T-mZg00svquxpMPdEsn6YLFrh1cxdAn/view?usp=drive_link

As you can see, with my hand I activate the green led, but for some strange reason, the red led appear for some blink. Every time.

Options
2023-11-23 09:22:09

@UfoRiky 

Hi,
The tech team was made aware of your issue, and they will likely reach out to you via email to continue the troubleshooting. Please check your email box and confirm.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 486

Replies: 4

Related Articles