D230 doorbell - No notifications on second phone

2023-11-09 14:18:00

Hi,

We recently got the tapo d230s1 doorbell set along with the corresponding hub. After installing everything seems to work fine except for the notifications. Even though we all own the same phone (samsung a54) only my dad gets a live notification when someone rings the doorbell. His phone gets a pop up notification and starts ringing to alert him that there is someone at the door. He then can choose to deny the "call" or pick it up an talk live to the person at the door.

My mom and I don't get any notification even though all our phones are connected to the doorbell (and hub) and also all our notifications are turned on. If I open the app and click the doorbell I also can see the live footage from the doorbellcamera. BUT the only way to find out there was someone at the door is by first opening the app and clicking the bell icon. It will then say that there has been someone at the door. However we don't get any live notification which makes this doorbell at the moment pretty useless because if my dad is not at home we don't get notified at all (apart from the chime in the hub).

Has anyone experienced the same and moreso does anyone know a solution/fix for this problem?

Options
5 Reply
Re:D230 doorbell - No notifications on second phone
2023-11-10 08:16:52

@Kaisarion 

Hi,
Thank you for the case report, and please help confirm the following information about the issue.
1. Are your and your mom's phones logged in to the Tapo app with the same account(email address) as your dad's phone? If not, can you log in to your Tapo app with your dad's account and check if your phone will receive notifications?

2. Please refer to the link below to ensure the corresponding settings on your phone are correct.
Why can’t I receive notifications after turning on Notifications?

Best Regards

Options
2023-11-10 08:40:43

@Solla-topee 

Hi, 

Yes both our phones are logged in with the same account as my dad's.

I already came across that link you shared but all our settings are correct as I already stated above. 

Options
2023-11-10 09:30:53

@Kaisarion 

Hi,
The tech team was made aware of your issue, and they will likely reach out to you via email to continue the troubleshooting. Please check your email box and confirm.
Best Regards

Options
2024-02-24 14:18:08

It has been months since I posted about this issue and this still hasn't been fixed. I did receive a email from someone at the tech team but that has been not helpfull at all. The only thing you guys keep doing is repeat after yourselves and saying that I have to turn my notifications on. But they are already on. I also had to send a log to the tech team but since there is no notification shown on my phone that log is completely useless as there is nothing to show...

I'm very very disappointed in Tapo. We spent over 100 euro's for a doorbell and a hub which are obviously completely useless since nobody gets a notification 

Options
2024-02-27 08:32:15

@Kaisarion 

Hi,
I noticed that our tech team is following up on your case(ticket ID: TKID231117532) but did not see your reply, I have informed them to focus on your case again, and your cooperation is highly appreciated to solve the case.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 427

Replies: 5

Related Articles