Tapo D230 not ringing on Android Phone

2024-02-27 02:47:13 - last edited 2024-03-08 03:40:37
Model: Tapo D230S1  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.14

Hi

I have enable all the notification setting on my Android phone and Tapo apps as per suggestion but when press the bell, i didnt get any notification and the phone also not ringing even though im in the Tapo Apps. Im on Android 13. Please advice

Thanks

Matt

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo D230 not ringing on Android Phone-Solution
2024-02-28 08:07:58 - last edited Sunday

Update on April 28, 2024

Hi,
You can refer to the link below to troubleshoot if you can't receive notifications on your phone. For the doorbell camera Tapo D230, please go to its Device Settings>Doorbell>Doorbell Video Call page to enable the Doorbell Video Call if you want to be ringing when someone presses the doorbell.
What to do if I can't receive notifications with the Tapo Cam or have a delayed notification

Note: if you have configured a Schedule entry on the camera's Notifications page, the camera can't receive notifications(including the Doorbell pressed notification) for the rest of the time.

Please help confirm the following information for further analysis.
1. Please go to the Tapo app>camera's Device Settings>Detection page and send me a picture of it.
2. On the Tapo app>Home tab>tap the Bell icon at the top right corner>tap your camera, and check if you have received notifications when the camera detects events.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
19 Reply
Re:Tapo D230 not ringing on Android Phone-Solution
2024-02-28 08:07:58 - last edited Sunday

Update on April 28, 2024

Hi,
You can refer to the link below to troubleshoot if you can't receive notifications on your phone. For the doorbell camera Tapo D230, please go to its Device Settings>Doorbell>Doorbell Video Call page to enable the Doorbell Video Call if you want to be ringing when someone presses the doorbell.
What to do if I can't receive notifications with the Tapo Cam or have a delayed notification

Note: if you have configured a Schedule entry on the camera's Notifications page, the camera can't receive notifications(including the Doorbell pressed notification) for the rest of the time.

Please help confirm the following information for further analysis.
1. Please go to the Tapo app>camera's Device Settings>Detection page and send me a picture of it.
2. On the Tapo app>Home tab>tap the Bell icon at the top right corner>tap your camera, and check if you have received notifications when the camera detects events.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Tapo D230 not ringing on Android Phone
2024-02-29 01:45:28

Hi @Solla-topee 

Please see attached snapshot. For item 2, im not received the notification if someone press the call button. Got notification for other camera

Thanks 

Matt

File:
WhatsApp Image 2024-02-28 at 16.14.53_050030d6.jpgDownload
Options
2024-02-29 08:40:55

@Matt-K 

Hi,
If you can receive notifications on your phone when the camera detects other events, such as person, pet, etc., but not when someone presses the doorbell button, on the Tapo app>camera's Device Settings>Doorbell>Doorbell Video Call page, please ensure the Doorbell Video Call option is enabled.
If this option is enabled but you don't receive a notification on your phone when someone presses the doorbell button, please go to the Home>Bell icon>D230's notification page on the Tapo app to check if you receive a doorbell is pressed notification
Best Regards

Options
2024-03-10 12:30:52

Hi  @Solla-topee 

I have enable the Doorbell video call. In Home>Bell icon>D230, i didnt get the D230 notification. Please advice

Thanks

Matt

Options
2024-03-12 10:32:49

@Matt-K 

Hi,

I have reported the issue to the tech team, and they will likely reach out to you via email to continue troubleshooting your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.

Best Regards

Options
2024-03-17 06:03:54

@Solla-topee 

I'm having the same issue on both apple and android phones. 

- No notifications when doorbell is pressed.

- No doorbell ring on phones when doorbell is pressed.

Options
2024-03-19 06:49:16

@Fun-Wolfy 

Hi,
1. On the doorbell's Device Settings>Doorbell page, please ensure the Doorbell Ring is enabled, Ring Connected Hub is enabled, and the Doorbell Video Call is enabled.

2. Try to press the doorbell, can you hear the doorbell and the hub ringing?
How about the LED status on the doorbell, will it turn solid green when you press the doorbell?

Best Regards

Options
2024-03-19 08:03:22

@Solla-topee 

The app is set correctly. 

When pressing the doorbell green light is solid.

The hub works and sounds correctly.

Both phones (apple and android) make no doorbell ring, doorbell press notification is random.  

We used to get the doorbell notification and a doorbell ring sound from our phones then it just stopped?

Notifications and sound for movement works OK. 

Options
2024-03-19 10:48:57

@Fun-Wolfy 
Hi,
I have reported the issue to the tech team, and they will contact you via email to continue troubleshooting the case. Please check your email box and confirm.
Best Regards

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Solla-topee 

I am experiencing the same issue on an Android phone.

All setting are set correctly, and the doorbell video call option is on.

The only way to get a notification on my phone when the doorbell is pressed is by activating person detection.

Please advise. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 512

Replies: 19

Related Articles