Tapo c200 rtsp and onvif not working anymore

Tapo c200 rtsp and onvif not working anymore

63 Reply
Re:Tapo c200 rtsp and onvif not working anymore
2023-11-24 10:59:49

@Solla-topee 

Well it is

Modem-Firewall-LocalNetwork-WIFI-AP

What does this information help you? I will not paste here private things like how my Network situation is. 

The Server hosting BlueIris is in the local WIRED Network. The C200 on a WIFI AP connected. It gets an IPaddress form the DHCP Server as I see the request in the dhcp log of the server. I see the IP in the APP and the cam is working IN THE APP. Can we now please rule out this non-sense about network issues on our side if even others have the same issue.

One more time: The cam was working fine for weeks until one morning where the camera restarted after the firmware update and since then does not allow any connection anymore. All other WIFI connected devices are working fine like tablets, mobile phones, other WIFI cams from ESCAM and other brands, all wired connected devices are working too. It is just this single cam from you which does not allow connections anymore.

Can we rollback to a previous release please to test it?

Options
2023-11-24 11:06:31

It's certainly not a network issue because that hasn't changed. This is clearly an update that has been released that hasn't been tested properly.

Options
2023-11-24 14:46:53

@Solla-topee 

The network is simple. They are all on the same network and they can all see each other.

There is simply put no diagram to draw. They are on the same AP and same subnet.

Note, NOTHING changed on the network side and a firmware update broken this.

-M

Options
2023-11-25 09:17:19

@mattsm 

Options
2023-11-25 11:25:09

Well, I solved it by buying another cam and throwing the c200 into the bin.... Others, please feel free to use this thread for your issue if it is the same. I do not have the time to deal with this any longer.

Kind regards

Options
2023-11-25 11:30:04

@firefox7518   @Strickers @mattsm 
Hi,  
It's unable to roll back the firmware to the previous one.
I have escalated the cases to the tech team, and they will contact you via email to continue the troubleshooting. Please check your email box and confirm.
Best Regards

Options
2023-11-25 18:24:36

@Solla-topee 

Well then it was a good wise idea to throw that thing away. If a device cannot even do a rollback of a firmware, it is better to not use anymore. It's the main argument then to never do any firmware update with it or else you are screwed. Very very bad decision from TPLink to not allow that. 

Whatever, I do not need support anymore, you can cancel the ticket. I will not use tplink cams in the future. Thanks

Options
2023-11-27 06:47:50

@firefox7518 

Hi,
Usually, we will locate and solve the problem as soon as possible based on the latest firmware if you encounter a problem after upgrading, and your cooperation is highly appreciated throughout this process.
However, if you do not wish to continue troubleshooting, you may disregard the email and the case will be automatically closed later.
Best Regards

Options
2023-11-29 00:21:35

@Solla-topee someone from tplink emailed me once and I provided the same info as has been provided here. Not further response since the initial email. 

Options
2023-11-29 08:37:03 - last edited 2023-11-29 08:42:29

@mattsm 

Hi, 
I have reminded the tech team to follow up on your issue soon, and they may need some time to analyze the problem. Please wait patiently.
Best Regards

Options
Related Articles