Tapo c200 rtsp and onvif not working anymore

Tapo c200 rtsp and onvif not working anymore

63 Reply
Re:Tapo c200 rtsp and onvif not working anymore
2023-12-11 12:26:26

@firefox7518 Firmware update pushed today and it is working again.

Options
Re:Tapo c200 rtsp and onvif not working anymore-Solution
2023-12-12 07:19:29 - last edited 2023-12-12 07:22:27

Hi All,

If your Tapo Camera can't be viewed via ONVIF stream after a firmware update, please provide the following information in this thread for further analysis.

1. The model number, hardware version, and firmware version of the camera.
You can find the info on the Tapo app>camera's Device Settings>Device Info page.

2. Please describe your network diagram, such as the internet cable--wireless router)))(((Tapo camera, phones, ONVIF devices, etc.
Please confirm if the ONVIF device is in the same network as the Tapo Cam, and whether they are connected to the same router's Wi-Fi.

3. What app/program(such as VLC, iSpy, etc.) do you use to stream the camera via ONVIF protocol? Please check if you can stream the camera via RTSP protocol.

I'll then escalate the case to the tech team for further help, and I'll update the thread if there is a solution.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-12-12 13:59:12

@Solla-topee 

On my C320WS hw 2.0 firmware version 1.1.6 ONVIF services are still not running on port 2020. I am streaming rtsp fine though and the app is working fine.

As stated, the device is streaming fine, so the network connectivity is not an issue. But it's just two devices connected to the same AP.

I am using BlueIris, but confirm that ports are not open via nmap, telnet, curl, etc as well.

Options
2024-01-13 03:19:17
This happen on my c200, it doesn't connect on rstp, the link didn't changed since it worked before but after update it stopped streaming with zoneminder. The ports shows open but when checked in vlc still shows server error. Please advise. Why need update if it will just break something that just works ? 😢
Options
2024-01-16 12:38:19

@sheesh1 

Hi,
Please confirm the information refer to the instructions here, and send me the MAC address of your Tapo C200 via a private message for further analysis.
Best Regards

Options
2024-01-16 23:27:43 - last edited 2024-01-16 23:39:11

Add me to the list.

First my new C200 Gen3's didn't work with ONVIF with Scrypted out of the box, then my previous Gen 1 & Gen 2 stopped working around start of Jan, as soon as firmware updated.

At this point i'm convinced this is being done on purpose so we purchase cloud plan and TPlink and feigning ignorance.

What gives Tp-Link? You're clearly disabling ONVIF within every new generation of firmware... We are all saying THE SAME THING.

Cameras still work fine within Tapo app, but authentication fails with ONVIF, and the passwords haven't changed that i set previous, that worked previousy. NOTHING HAS CHANGED EXCEPT THE FIRMWARE. 

Yet another company that's trying to lock down their products? Louis Rossman would love to hear about this.

Options
2024-01-17 03:24:54

For those who want a possible work around adding a static ARP entry for the cameras IP/MAC address on my Windoze host running BlueIris has mostly resolved the problems for me. Not a good solution but a workaround.

I've not been tracking updates for fixes since as these cameras are kinda important and don't want them to break again.

-M

Options
2024-01-17 07:53:14

Hi @Solla-topee  !

I collect the following facts:

• WE CUSTOMER bought cameras of TP-LINK and WE PAID FOR !
  • WE also paid for ONVIF functionality!
  • YOU / TP-LINK published a new firmware (> 1.3.6)
    With that YOU / TP-LINK disabled/removed a functionality WE (CUSTOMER) PAID FOR!
    According to general law: this is illegal !
    YOU did not inform us about before!

• YOU / TP-LINK cheating us and YOU / TP-LINK lie on us!
  • YOU / TP-LINK ask us various waferthin reasons whether we changed something on our network!
    PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: WE CHANGED NOTHING !
    BUT INSTALLED YOUR USELESS FIRMWARE !

Our patience has run out!

I accordingly call on you: publish a new firmware with correctly working ONVIF access like in the working firmware before!
OR: describe us a solution to DOWNGRADE to the firmware 1.3.6 for: Tapo C200, hardware version 1.0

I expect a response by 2024-01-19 !

Otherwise i/we will inform other customers about your illegal doings on many forums and shops (Amazon, ...) and our lawyers will talk to your bosses!

Options
2024-01-17 07:56:54

@Anteck 

Hi,
For the Tapo C200 V1/V2/V3, they all support RTSP&ONVIF protocols with the latest firmware. We are still investigating and analyzing the cause of the RTSP/ONVIF stream not working in some usage scenarios. For your case, please help confirm the network diagram, such as the internet cable--wireless router)))(((Tapo camera, phones, ONVIF devices, etc., check if the ONVIF device is in the same network as the Tapo Cam and whether they are connected to the same router's Wi-Fi.
I'll then escalate the case to the tech team for further analysis.
Best Regards

Options
2024-01-17 08:16:29 - last edited 2024-01-17 21:52:53

@Solla-topee 

you can't say it supports onvif on all generations because it clearly DOES NOT. I have all three generations of cameras and ALL OF THEM stopped working with ONVIF with firmware update. 

Mac runs scrypted which connects directly to wifi router via Ethernet. All cameras connect to this wifi router. It's a Tp-link archer ax-1500 router. 

cameras -

C200 v1 (worked fine, until firmware update 1.3.9 in Jan)

C200 v2 (as above, fine until firmware 1.3.9)

C200 v3, never worked, suspect because they updated to latest firmware before I installed them in Late nov)

It doesnt get much simpler then this connectivity diagram below.

wireless router ---- Ethernet ---- Mac mini

|
      |
      |  - cameras x5 (wifi)

Note  : Nothing changed - I was away and this out my entire security at risk. So far I have FIVE C200s and none of the work with ONVIF anymore. All after firmware update. 

asking questions about network connectivity seems redundant when we can confirm that Tapo app is working with cameras. What protocol does the Tapo app use?

These cameras can be seen on DHCP allocation on router and are set manually so they always stay on the same internal IP. They're clearly present to the network, but they don't respond. Meanwhile Tapo app and Tapo care has absolutely no issues accessing them. 

The firmware is faulty. This is all over the internet. On reddit, here, other forums. Fix the  firmware!!!

How long is this issue going to go on for? We have how many people now, all saying the same thing, and you're all giving us the run around, asking silly questions, and yet no fix? 

Perhaps a yituber with over a million subs could publish a video about this... perhaps then the heads at tp-link might then do something about it. I can contact the CEO of tp-link via linked in, perhaps I could do that? I could post a detailed review on amazon about what is occurring to warn others... Or, perhaps the tech support people here might actually do some work and proper onvestigation and release a firmware fix. 

Options
Related Articles