C200 was working fine, now the Tapo app can't connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-23 15:22:43
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.13

I set up a new out of the box C200 yesterday, and it was working fine yesterday.

This morning I was able to view the camera stream from the app. I then created an 'camera account' so that I could access the stream via rstp, and that worked a couple of times, and now I can't connect to the camera at all.

I can ping it's IP address, and I can connect to its port 545, but I can no longer retrieve frames via rstp.

Has anyone else seen behaviour like this?

I should note that there is also a SD card in the camera.

Any suggestions?

Is there a way to set the MTU on the camera? It is in the garage, and is connecting through a wifi repeater, but I am getting a solid 6 MBps upload and download in the garage, and as I stated, ping works fine, even when I crank up the packet size to it's max of 1472?

Options
1 Reply
Re:C200 was working fine, now the Tapo app can't connect
2023-12-25 08:32:57

@csl1965 

Hi,

Please help confirm the following information about the reported issue.
1. How many devices are watching the camera simultaneously via the Tapo app or RTSP stream?

2. Are you watching the camera on a PC via RTSP stream? What app/program are you using?

3. What URL did you use to stream the camera?

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 242

Replies: 1

Related Articles