Camera crashed after update

2023-12-28 08:08:19

My camera not responding after firmware update, camera only showing 4 Red LEDs.

Tried reset methods (Including factory reset) many time but unsuccessful even uploaded the foreware and attempted with micro SD with no success.

please advise how to reset without mobile app, because i cannot find my camera in mobile app now.

Contacted local retailer in the Netherlands and they cannot help. And the are not wven awaire of this problem.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Camera crashed after update
2023-12-29 08:09:55

@666foad 

Hi, 
You can refer to the link below to learn how to reset the camera via the reset button rather than the app.
How to reset my Tapo camera?

You can refer to the link below to troubleshoot based on your camera's model number and hardware version if reset does not work.
What to do if my Tapo Camera gets bricked after a firmware update?

If the problem remains, it may be the camera has an issue, and you can contact the retailer or local support to check if your camera is under warranty.

Best Regards

Options
2023-12-29 10:59:12

@Solla-topee Hi Tried all with no success. Camera is not under warranty, to bad it will go by the trash.

But good to know that the other cameras I still have, will not be updated as this might result in losing the camera.

I would suggest that you will inform all your customers that updating of your cameras is not without any risk.

Options
2023-12-29 20:17:49 - last edited 2023-12-29 20:19:06

@Solla-topee I too have this issue and im out of warranty as well. The various how to fix if bricked after firmware update guides do not work this is something that TP link have caused and should fix

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 204

Replies: 3

Related Articles