Using the camera without internet access

2023-12-30 21:24:32
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.11

I was able to setup the camera, connect it to the internet, set it up with my local security system and disable its access to the internet. Then the next day i noticed that the camera wasn't connected to my network, and wouldn't connect at all unless i disabled the firewall. I wanted to use the camera fully offline but it seems like the camera doesn't connect to my wifi unless it has access to the internet.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Using the camera without internet access
2024-01-02 10:26:15

@Nevenit 

Hi,
How do you confirm the camera disconnect from your Wi-Fi after enabling the firewall? Does the camera not have an IP address? 
You can check if rebooting the camera will make it reconnect to your Wi-Fi, and you can set up the same firewall for your phone or tablet, then test if it will connect to the Wi-Fi all the time.

Best Regards

Options
2024-01-02 20:30:39
I would just restart the camera and monitor the devices connected to my router. Turn firewall off, restart camera and everything worked. Turn firewall off and the camera never connected. I just tried checking with a different device and it also doesn't connect when the firewall is enabled so obviously there is something wrong with my setup or im setting it up wrong, I'll figure it out. Thanks!
Options
2024-01-03 08:19:39

@Nevenit 

Hi,
Thank you for your attempt, and hope you can set up your firewall properly.
Best Regards

Options