monitoring the camera via the web interface

2024-01-02 17:24:28
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a C100 camera and everything works without problems through the app. But I would like to browse through the WEB interface. I found instructions on the TPlink website (link below), but according to the procedure, where I enter the IP address of the camera in the browser, nothing happens. How can I connect to the camera without the app please?
I can't install the app because it forces me to change the "security policy" settings on my Mackbook and I can't change that. Or if it is possible to install the application, without changing these security?
Thank you
https://www.tp-link.com/cz/support/faq/817/

Options
6 Reply
Re:monitoring the camera via the web interface
2024-01-03 10:02:03

@Fifator 

Hi,
1. The Tapo cameras do not support to be viewed via the web browser. The link you visited is not suited for the Tapo cameras.

2. Most Tapo cameras, such as the Tapo C100, support viewing via RTSP stream on a PC and you can refer to the link below to learn how to watch the camera via RTSP stream.
https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/kb/detail/574

3. Can I have a picture of the page showing you need to change the "security policy" before using the Tapo app on your MacBook?

Best Regards

Options
2024-01-03 18:29:22
Options
2024-01-03 18:29:59
Options
2024-01-04 12:43:26

@Fifator 

Hi,
Thank you for the pictures. From the notice on the picture, if you can't change the "security policy" settings on your Macbook but need to watch the camera on your Macbook, you can try to view the camera via RTSP stream.
How can I view my Tapo camera on PC through the RTSP stream?
Best Regards 

Options
2024-01-10 16:56:40

@Solla-topee This is not a very comfortable solution, but mainly it only works if I am connected on the same network, which is useless.

Options
2024-01-11 07:02:11

@Fifator 

Hi,
You can also watch the camera through the RTSP stream remotely, however, in this situation, you will need to open Port 554 & Port 2020 (RTSP and ONVIF service ) for the Tapo camera's IP on your home router first. For reference, here is how to do port forwarding on a TP-Link router.

Then you can use the following URL to stream the camera remotely via third-party apps/programs such as iSpy, VLC, etc. 
RTSP URL : rtsp:// router WAN(public) IP address:554/stream1
ONVIF URL: http://router WAN(public) IP address:2020/onvif/device_service

Note:  if there is any firewall or gateway in front of your router network, you will need to contact the ISP to get a real public IP address.

Best Regards

Options