Issue with notifications and Google nest

2024-01-12 16:35:36 - last edited 2024-01-26 12:52:58
Model: Tapo C200   Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.11

Every time motion is detected I get notification on all my google nest devices .. 

I have tried turning them on and off.

Even if i sett them all to off I still get voice notifications on all my nest devices ..

The problem is that all my cameras are at my summer house and I want to get notifications but I don't want to get them by audio on speekers .   

Now the only fix is to totalt unlink my tapo with Google .... But then I can't streem video  to my devices 

I have checked the time and turned them on and off ... Even when notification is off I still get audio notifications ... And yeas I have restarted all devices 

There should be a option to turn this on and off.   Never had an issue befoor but started after I added the wireless c310 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Issue with notifications and Google nest-Solution
2024-01-15 07:53:14 - last edited 2024-01-26 12:52:58

@Martinsa 

Hi,
On your Google Home app, you can go to the Devices page, tap the Tapo camera, and turn off the Voice notifications feature, then check if the Google devices will announce when receive a notification.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Issue with notifications and Google nest
2024-01-12 21:48:58 - last edited 2024-01-12 21:54:56

@Martinsa intersting. I have a similar if not the same issue with my two Google Pixel phones. Because the app has no sound notification options you are reliant on the android notification settings. However, like yourself, I have found turning the notification sound off in Android makes no difference whatsoever like it should. I have asked the question on another post here https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/650680 whether this is a Tapo or Android issue though I haven't experienced it on any other app so I suspect the former. Could be the same issue manifesting itself on slightly different devices in a similar way? C510W V1 V1.1.1

Options
Re:Issue with notifications and Google nest-Solution
2024-01-15 07:53:14 - last edited 2024-01-26 12:52:58

@Martinsa 

Hi,
On your Google Home app, you can go to the Devices page, tap the Tapo camera, and turn off the Voice notifications feature, then check if the Google devices will announce when receive a notification.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 378

Replies: 2

Related Articles