Privacy Zones

Privacy Zones

Privacy Zones
Privacy Zones
2024-01-19 17:06:48

Hi

i bought the C510w Camera. I try to Set up a Privacy Zone for a specific area but as i did the Black Zone appears also on the areas the Camera should overview.

how can i change this ? If it rotate the street i want to Set the Privacy Zone but If it view my property i want to See every Thing?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Privacy Zones
2024-01-22 07:14:33

@Ani1234 
Hi,
Usually, after you set up a privacy zone on the camera, the black zone appears on the camera's Live View page, and if your camera's lens moves, the privacy zone will move following the lens

If you have any suggestions to improve the privacy zone feature, please describe your usage scenario and requirements in detail, I'll log them and forward them to the relevant team to evaluate.

Best Regards

Options
2024-02-24 00:40:01

@Solla-topee 

I have the same issue. How can a privacy zone work with a pan and tilt camera if the block out zone is not attached to the actual location but is just attached to part of the camera lenses. As the camera rotates, it still blocks the same part of the lense. So the block out section moves as the camera moves. 

This is a basic use case for a pan and tilt camera. Am I not configuring this feature on the app correctly or is it a bug? 

Options
2024-02-27 07:00:31

@JanoA  Hi, if the camera rotates to another location, you can delete the old privacy zone and set a new one.

Options
2024-03-17 11:07:50

@Solla-topee 

I have the same problem.

When my tapo a7aa points to my kitchen i need to Block out my window, or I will get notifikation every time the tree outside moves, and my neighbours pass by. But when i pan/tilt it to my livingroom, I don't want that area to be blocked out. This makes the camera kind of useless, if I did get a burger, and almost half the lens is blocked out. 

Options
2024-03-19 06:36:00

@Bwadr 

Hi,
The privacy zones configured on the camera will move by following the camera's lens rather than cover the specific area all the time, for example, if the specific area needs to be covered is out of the camera's monitoring area after rotation, or the shape of the area is changed after rotation, the original privacy zones settings can't meet the requirements.
It's suggested to adjust the privacy zone manually after the camera rotates to meet the actual usage needs.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 314

Replies: 5

Related Articles