last update broke detection recording

2024-01-23 22:39:54 - last edited 2024-01-25 12:24:25
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.11 build 231115 Rel 85532n(4555)

Hello,

I updated the firmware version and now detection recording and schedule recording do not work.  they both were working yesterday prior to the update.  I can manually record and it gets saved so i assume the sd card is working fine,  the device says that the sd card is working fine.  also if i walk in front of the camera i can see the camera detecting the movement and following it, however nothings gets recorded.  

i assume the latest update just broke it,  can you please fix it?

thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:last update broke detection recording-Solution
2024-01-25 00:36:35 - last edited 2024-01-25 12:24:25

@Solla-topee hello,

thanks for your message, actually the weird thing was that i decided to check the sd card.  the c210 said that the sd card was good, yet it wasnt. i replaced the sd card and everything was working again fine.

then i took the first card to my computer and tried reformating and the computer could not, sonit was onbviously damaged.  

so i guess the issue is that the c210 is jot detecting that the sd card is damaged

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:last update broke detection recording
2024-01-24 07:30:16

@digitalstables 

Hi,
When you manually record on the camera's Live View page, the video recordings are saved on your phone rather than the SD card, it's unable to confirm the SD card is working fine. In this situation, please help collect the following information to confirm if your configurations are correct.

1. On the camera's Device Settings>Storage & Recording>microSD Card page, please take a picture of this page and send it to me.

2. Ensure the microSD Card Recording feature is enabled, and send me a picture of the Recording Schedule page.

3. Send me a picture of the camera's Device Settings>Detection page.

4. On the camera's Live View>Playback & Download>Playback page, tap the SD card icon and send me a picture of this page.

Best Regards

Options
Re:last update broke detection recording-Solution
2024-01-25 00:36:35 - last edited 2024-01-25 12:24:25

@Solla-topee hello,

thanks for your message, actually the weird thing was that i decided to check the sd card.  the c210 said that the sd card was good, yet it wasnt. i replaced the sd card and everything was working again fine.

then i took the first card to my computer and tried reformating and the computer could not, sonit was onbviously damaged.  

so i guess the issue is that the c210 is jot detecting that the sd card is damaged

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:last update broke detection recording
2024-01-25 12:24:11

@digitalstables 

Hi, 
Thank you for your cooperation and attempt. If the new SD card works fine with the camera, you can enjoy your devices now.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 209

Replies: 3

Related Articles