Person detection picking up pets

2024-01-24 07:29:41 - last edited 2024-06-14 07:41:37
Tags: #Notification #AI Detection #Person Detection
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.11

My Tapo C320WS has been an indescribable disappointment.

I only got it to monitor my front gate (in case of parcel delivery).

The angle is set so that it doesn't pick up movement in the street.

However, it now keeps bombarding me with endless notifications when my pets move around in the yard.

"Person detection" = clearly a total disappointment.

I have tried Motion detection but that makes sense not to work.

I've tried Line-Crossing but also not working - this one constantly notifies when there are bugs flying past...

If there is ANY kind of sense to keeping this product, please please please notify me!?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Person detection picking up pets-Solution
2024-01-24 10:37:30 - last edited 2024-06-14 07:41:37

@Inge83 

Hi,
Thank you very much for the case report, and please help confirm the following information for further analysis.

1. Please send me the MAC address of your camera via a private message. You can go to the camera's Device Settings>Device Info page to find the MAC address.

2. Can you share the video that shows the camera detects the pet as a person with us?

3. It would be highly appreciated if you could send us a picture showing the installation location of your camera.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
16 Reply
Re:Person detection picking up pets-Solution
2024-01-24 10:37:30 - last edited 2024-06-14 07:41:37

@Inge83 

Hi,
Thank you very much for the case report, and please help confirm the following information for further analysis.

1. Please send me the MAC address of your camera via a private message. You can go to the camera's Device Settings>Device Info page to find the MAC address.

2. Can you share the video that shows the camera detects the pet as a person with us?

3. It would be highly appreciated if you could send us a picture showing the installation location of your camera.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Person detection picking up pets
2024-01-24 11:45:21

@Solla-topee

1. Please send me the MAC address of your camera via a private message.

Will do so directly after this reply.

I don't have a monthly subscription and am using an Ethernet cable (so not able to connect to the same network on a device).

So not sure how to download/share this video with you (you'll see below I don't have a "download" option):

Options
2024-01-25 11:24:42

@Inge83 

Hi,

I have reported the issue to the tech team, and they will likely reach out to you via email to continue troubleshooting your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.

Best Regards

Options
2024-02-15 15:56:33

@Inge83 I have a Tapo C210 and I am also having the same issue. It detects animals are persons. I guess the Image Detection model needs some more training since it doesn't appear to be very effective.

Any updates on this? 

Options
2024-02-16 12:58:15

nunomvp I've been told to update to firmware 1.3.12 and reduce Person detection sensitivity to 4.

That did not work to resolve my issue - and no further support.

This morning I pointed my camera in a different direction which effectively renders it useless...

Good luck - maybe the update will help you - please let me know if you find a (different) solution?

Options
2024-02-22 09:24:51

@Inge83 

Hi,
If the new firmware and reduced person detection sensitivity suggestions do not solve your issue, it's suggested to report the results to the tech team via email(ticket ID TKID240150224), and they will continue to help you.
Best Regards

Options
2024-02-22 09:29:55

@nunomvp 

Hi,
To locate and solve the problem of your Tapo C210 misidentifying pets as people as soon as possible, it is recommended to collect the necessary information according to this post.
Best Regards

Options
2024-04-16 06:35:13

@Solla-topee 

I too have this same issue - are we still reporting our Mac addresses to you?

Options
2024-04-17 09:42:01

@Duraze 

Hi, 
Yes, please refer to the post here to collect the relevant data for further analysis.
Best Regards

Options
2024-06-13 12:35:04

I have the same problem.

Get many notifications of a person detected and every time it is my cat.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2439

Replies: 16

Tags

Related Articles