Tapo 310 inaudible 2-Way audio

2024-01-24 17:23:53
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.9

Hi Team, 

I'm writing this on an urgent necessity of security reason to protect my family and belongings. 

I just bought and installed this security camera for Advertise feature of "Two-Way Audio" but it seems not living up to its promise.

It was installed on top of the front door/ main door at a hight of 6 feet from the ground in order to reach or walk by someone which is normal on how you should setup this kind of Security device. 

From my mobile device, I can hear what's being said outside where the camera located. But audio from Camera speaker is barely audible, which make this only as One-way audio.

Is there any other way or possibly in feature update to make this Louder? Or maybe able to hook-up external speaker instead? Or else I have to scrap the camera and purchase a new one of different company which will solve my whole purpose. 

I am having Trueview company's (make in India product) camera installed in my other gate. The speaker output is way too loud and can be heard at a distance from 20 feet. Really disappointed with the reputated brand like TP-Link. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo 310 inaudible 2-Way audio
2024-01-25 03:36:22

@ppodder89 

Hi,
If you are using the Talk or Voice Call feature on the Tapo app:
1) please tap the icon at the right top corner of the Talk/Voice Call page, ensure the Camera's Speaker volume is set to a high value;
2) ensure the 'Speaker is ON' on the Voice Call page;
3) ensure your phone's volume is not silent, and you can try to set it to a high value;

then check if you can hear the voice properly on the camera side when talking to the camera.

Best Regards

Options
2024-02-01 08:18:18

@Solla-topee  Many thanks for your prompt response. I highly appreciate your suggestion. But I afraid, I have done all the troubleshooting by myself found in this forum and web. But no luck. I'm still having the same issue of muffled voice or too quite voice. It's barely audible to the person standing very nearby to the camera. And I can't even return /exchange the camera to the e-commerce platform from where I've purchased this recently. And the TP-Link company also not taking any responsibility of this. Now I'm at the dead end and end up with a faulty security camera sold by a reputed company like TP-Link. I will never ever purchase anything from this company again in my life and surely won't recommend to anyone who's planning to buy a security camera. I will blindly suggest or prefer any make in Indian brands who are manufacturing much better quality camera with lower price. A lot of disappointment ☹️

Options
2024-02-01 10:12:39

@ppodder89 

Hi,
Generally, the TP-Link local team is responsible for local warranty services, and here is the detailed warranty policy in your region, you can follow the instructions on the warranty website to get a replacement if your product is under warranty.
Best Regards

Options