What can I do if fail to stream the Tapo camera via the RTSP/ONVIF protocol?

What can I do if fail to stream the Tapo camera via the RTSP/ONVIF protocol?

19 Reply
Re:What can I do if fail to stream the Tapo camera via the RTSP/ONVIF protocol?
2024-05-02 16:46:03

@Solla-topee merhaba 

Tapo_C520WS kameram var. rtsp linki üzerinden home asistana entegre etmek istiyorum fakat HD olarak rtsp linki çalışmıyor görüntü alamıyorum kamera eternet kablosuyla bağlı SD görüntü alıyor fakar HD görüntü rtsp bağlantısı ile alınamıyor . bu bağlantıları VLC programında da denedim rtsp://ıd:pw@192.168.1.xxx:554/stream1 olarak görüntü alamıyorum  rtsp://ıd:pw@192.168.1.xxx:554/stream2 Olarak VLC den SD görüntü alıyorum. Care aboneliğim var Kamerada SD kart takılı değil bana yardımcı olabilir msiniz HD olarak RTSP baglantısından nasıl görüntü alabilirim

Options
2024-05-02 16:48:49

@Solla-topee 

I have Tapo_C520WS camera. I want to integrate it into the home assistant via the rtsp link, but the rtsp link does not work in HD. I cannot get an image. The camera is connected via ethernet cable and receives an SD image, but the HD image cannot be received via the rtsp connection. I also tried these links in the VLC program. I cannot get an image as rtsp://ıd:pw@192.168.1.xxx:554/stream1. I can get an SD image from VLC as rtsp://ıd:pw@192.168.1.xxx:554/stream2. I have a Care subscription. There is no SD card inserted in the camera. Can you help me? How can I get images in HD from RTSP connection?

Options
2024-05-07 12:05:06 - last edited 2024-05-07 12:05:19

@RTSP 

Hi,
Currently, the Tapo cameras support up to 4 simultaneous video streams (two mainstreams with high video quality + two substreams with low video quality), and if the camera has subscribed to the Tapo Care service, it will occupy a mainstream.

If you can stream the camera from VLC via rtsp://ıd:pw@192.168.1.xxx:554/stream2 but not via rtsp://ıd:pw@192.168.1.xxx:554/stream1, it may be other devices stream the camera via the mainstream. 
You can try to reboot the camera to disconnect other devices watch the camera, turn on the camera, and check if you can stream the camera from VLC via rtsp://ıd:pw@192.168.1.xxx:554/stream1.

Best Regards

Options
2024-05-11 21:11:39
When I try to log in with my username and password+ip of the camera via VLC it opens the video transmission without any problem but when I enter that data into the integration of "Tapo:Cameras Control" in home assistant I get an error: "Invalid authentication data . Make sure you have created your 3rd party account via Tapo app. You can also test if these credentials work via rtsp stream, for example VLC using link rtsp://username:password@IP Address:554/stream1"
Before I could see the cameras without problems in home assistant with the integration, a few weeks ago I lost access.
Last week I set up home assistant in another house several minutes from mine and the same thing happens, it doesn't let you log in with the friend's account details either.
Options
2024-05-13 10:54:41

@DropeArias 

Hi,
It's recommended to troubleshoot refer to the instructions here and let me know the test results of each step.

How many devices are streaming the camera when you establish the ONVIF/RTSP connection on your Home Assistant?

You may try to change the camera account or factory reset the camera and reconfigure it, then check if it helps.

Best Regards

Options
2024-05-13 12:32:37

@Solla-topee 

hi
In the 2 houses where I have this problem, I only tried to connect 1 device via ONVIF/RTSP
After performing the factory restore, I added my c210 to the tapo account again, then I tried to link to the TAPO plugin for home assistant but I couldn't even connect to the IP that the camera has assigned (Connection failed). According to what I was investigating, there are several users who claim that after the last Tapo firmware update they lost access from home assistant: the solution they give is to downgrade the firmware, but some already had problems doing this so I prefer not to. take a risk They have been waiting for a solution for more than a month with a firmware update that solves this. Thinking back, the firmware update I did coincides with the moment I lost access.
Trying with VLC I still have access to the camera after the factory restore.
I attach the link to the forum where they talk about this:
https://github.com/JurajNyiri/HomeAssistant-Tapo-Control/issues/551

Options
2024-05-14 06:46:03

@DropeArias 

Hi,
Since you can establish the RTSP/ONVIF connection on the VLC program, it means that the Tapo C210 supports the RTSP/ONVIF protocols. We need to do further investigation to locate the issue and your cooperation is important.
I have escalated your case to the tech team, and they will contact you via email for further analysis. Please wait patiently for the email.
Best Regards

Options
a week ago

@Roman_V my tapo tc40 can't work with ispy and vlc even on anycam. Please help

Options
a week ago

@Barjose8 

Hi,
We need more detailed information about your case, it's recommended to follow the instructions on this thread to troubleshoot and then let me know the test results of each step.
Best Regards

Options
Related Articles