Downgrading NC-200 Camera firmware, so that I can configure FTP

2024-01-30 10:07:58
Model: NC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2+

Hello,

I would like to downgrade the firmware do that I can use FTP to send the images to a server - either remote or in my home.

The firmware I have seems to have no features. TP-LINK have hamstrung my device after buying it - this is not on.
I do not need to be corralled into having to pay for cloud services.
They have removed functionality.

If anyone has -

a) An old firmware that I can downgrade to 
b) Custom firmware which is better than TP-LINKs cynical offering.

Thanks in advance.

I may just gut the camera and install a Raspbery Pi Camera inside - using the existing psu and physical form factor if I cannot get an answer to this.
( at least I could run a computer vision program - have internal srorage etc if I had a Raspberry Pi instead )

Thanks again - in advance.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Downgrading NC-200 Camera firmware, so that I can configure FTP
2024-01-31 08:27:39

@gingerman  I had never seen this model before so I searched it on the tp-link official website, I found it, but it's end of life. By checking the UG of the NC200(https://static.tp-link.com/res/down/doc/NC200(UN)_V1_UG.pdf), I think the "Advanced → Notification Sending" part on Page 33 may help you(If the motion detection feature is enabled on the camera, you can receive the snapshots triggered by a detected motion on the specified FTP server after configuration.).

Options
Re:Downgrading NC-200 Camera firmware, so that I can configure FTP
a week ago

@Summer_S It's not good enough - the software only work on Windows. The End Of Life should not mean tplink removing features.
Everything fails in the admin app on the device - there is a bug in the javascript. 

They should allow us to make our own firmware - give us the keys to get into our own devices.

Not good enough - fail. 

I will neve buy TPLINK products again

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 127

Replies: 2

Related Articles