Solid orange light

Solid orange light
Solid orange light
2024-02-02 17:57:23 - last edited 2024-02-04 08:05:53
Model: Tapo C510W  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

Still trying to troubleshoot issues with my camera 

It's just been showing offline in the app although when I walked up to it, it showed online.

I've noticed that the orange light is solid which I see is 'Connected to WiFi' but not the cloud.  

Any tips to resolve this?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Solid orange light
2024-02-04 08:08:26

@Paddy99 

Hi,
Is the camera connected to your router's Wi-Fi directly to go to the internet, and is your router working fine?
How do you wake up the camera and make it show online on the Tapo app? When this happens, does the LED on the camera turn to solid green?
Best Regards

Options
2024-02-11 19:17:03

@Solla-topee 

In fairness since I dropped it to 1080p as I noticed in another post it's been ok since this post until today 

My TPLink repeater is on and did drop it's ping today despite showing online but I don't seem to be getting any support from TPLink on that.

Either way the camera has is showing on my main wifi, it's still available in the Tapo app but now does have the orange light.  Normally I would reboot the camera to get it back green by I've not done anything at the mo.

What does the orange light mean?  All I am find is that it's to do with DNS.

Options
2024-02-21 10:18:41

@Paddy99 

Hi, 
The solid orange LED status on the Tapo C510W means the camera is connected to Wi-Fi but has no internet, or the camera is connected to the internet but is not connected to our cloud server.

If the Tapo C510W is connected to our range extender's Wi-Fi, the Tapo C510W may appear solid orange LED when the RE has no internet access. 
It is recommended to set different Wi-Fi names for the RE and the router so you can easily know which Wi-Fi the camera is connected to and check if the orange LED is caused by the internet connection.
If the camera is connected to the internet but cannot connect to the cloud server, the DNS may be one of the causes of the problem. You can try changing the DNS server on the router.

Best Regards

Options
2024-02-21 16:36:39

@Solla-topee 

Hi,

As mentioned above it's not connected to my extender anymore and in fact that is turned off but I do get regular occurrences of it going orange

Options
2024-02-22 07:53:42

@Paddy99 

Hi,
You can refer to the link below to check if the tips will help.
What should I do if my Tapo smart camera keeps losing connection or going Offline?

What's the model number of your router? You can try to enable the 2.4G guest network on your router, connect the camera to the guest network only, and check if it will work fine.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1210

Replies: 5

Related Articles