Pet Detection not Working

2024-02-13 12:54:01
Model: Tapo C420S1  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.16

I have a wall mounted C420S1 camera mounted less than 10ft as recommended from the ground with Person, Motion and Pet detection enabled. However, all notifications I'm getting are for either person or motion detection, but nothing for pet detection. So even though my pets cross within the camera view regularly, nothing is triggered. I've increased the sensitivity for pet detections and allowed activity and rich notifications for all three detection types. Is this a known issue or is there something you can recommend to fix?

Options
10 Reply
Re:Pet Detection not Working
2024-02-19 03:41:08

@Declan_Kilker 

Hi,
Please help confirm the following information about the detection issue.
1. On the camera's Device Settings>Detection page, please send me a picture of it and send me a picture of the Pet Detection page.
2. Go to the Notifications page and send me a picture of it.
3. Can you share a video showing that the pet is in front of the camera, but you don't receive the pet-detected notification? And do you receive the motion-detected notification?
Best Regards

Options
2024-03-01 04:17:49 - last edited 2024-03-01 04:18:45

@Solla-topee I am having the same issue. 
it used to pick up and send notifications all the time when my pets were detected but it's now stopped.

Declan_Kilker wrote

I have a wall mounted C420S1 camera mounted less than 10ft as recommended from the ground with Person, Motion and Pet detection enabled. However, all notifications I'm getting are for either person or motion detection, but nothing for pet detection. So even though my pets cross within the camera view regularly, nothing is triggered. I've increased the sensitivity for pet detections and allowed activity and rich notifications for all three detection types. Is this a known issue or is there something you can recommend to fix?

Options
2024-03-01 08:06:35

@Megan_Barrett 

Hi,
In this situation, please help confirm the information here for further analysis.

Solla-topee wrote

@Declan_Kilker 

Hi,
Please help confirm the following information about the detection issue.
1. On the camera's Device Settings>Detection page, please send me a picture of it and send me a picture of the Pet Detection page.
2. Go to the Notifications page and send me a picture of it.
3. Can you share a video showing that the pet is in front of the camera, but you don't receive the pet-detected notification? And do you receive the motion-detected notification?
Best Regards

Options
2024-03-01 09:58:07

@Solla-topee 

Options
2024-03-01 12:40:30

@Megan_Barrett 

Hi,
Thank you for sharing the pictures, and they show your configurations are correct.
In this situation, can you share a video showing the pet moving in front of the camera but you have not received a pet-detected notification? And do you receive the motion-detected notification?
By the way, whether the Alarm feature enabled on the Tapo camera?
Best Regards

Options
2024-03-02 04:37:16

@Solla-topee I can't seem to upload a video here, it keeps saying failed to upload. The video is less than 10mb. 
is there is there an email address I can send it to? 

Options
2024-03-05 08:40:56

@Megan_Barrett 

Hi,

I have reported the issue to the tech team, and they will likely reach out to you via email to continue troubleshooting your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.

Best Regards

Options
2024-04-18 04:23:57

@Solla-topee Have there been any further findings on this issue? It is still not working. 

Options
2024-04-18 04:26:17
Hi, Did you ever manage to get this fixed? My pet detection is still not working. Used to work perfectly & then just stopped.
Options
2024-04-18 07:54:57

@Megan_Barrett 

Hi,
Our tech team has contacted you via email(ticket ID is TKID240308914), it's suggested to send a video that shows pets are moving in front of the camera, but it won't trigger the pet-detected notification to them for further analysis.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 562

Replies: 10

Related Articles