Tapo C200 is showing unstable network error on remotely(mobile data)

2024-03-10 08:38:34 - last edited 2024-05-14 08:52:04
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.11

Hello All,

I recently purchased Tp link tapo c200 from amazon,  I have set up camera successfully, The problem i am facing is im unable to access camera remotely, though i can access llive footage when im on the same wifi network aka my house. but there is no point of it. I need to access camera from outside my house using mobile data for which app throwing me an error of unstable network..

Please help.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo C200 is showing unstable network error on remotely(mobile data)-Solution
2024-05-14 08:05:01 - last edited 2024-05-14 08:52:04

@Solla-topee Thank you for your answer but I have to correct it because it is wrong and it will not help others users.

I didn't reset my camera

I didn't remove it

I didn't reconfigure it

I just disconnect from Tapo app and reconnect my account. That's it.

So for users that have this message "unstable network" you can try to disconnect and reconnect. It will not worls for everyone but for some cases like me. 

Recommended Solution
Options
11 Reply
Re:Tapo C200 is showing unstable network error on remotely(mobile data)
2024-03-11 10:37:31

@Fardeenansari21 

Hi,
You can refer to the instructions below to troubleshoot if you can't control the camera remotely.
What to do if I can't control my Tapo cameras on the Tapo app?

Please help confirm the following information if the problem remains.
1. What's the LED status on the camera?
2. What's the model number of your router? Is the camera connected to your router's Wi-Fi directly? 
3. Do you have internet when connecting to your router's Wi-Fi?
4. Does the camera show offline on the Tapo app when using mobile data on your phone? 

Best Regards

Options
2024-03-11 10:46:55

@Solla-topee 

1-LED status is green and active and working fine if i am checking by being on same wifi connection on which camera is connected.

2-im using syrotech dual band router

3-yes i have mobile data, but it says "offline" when checking on mobile data

4- yes the camera is showing offline, and on top of the app it says "unstable connection"

im really disappointed with this camera, i will definitely return this tomorrow if it doesn't work as it is supposed to

Options
2024-03-12 10:52:02

@Fardeenansari21 

Hi,
If the camera is connected to the router's Wi-Fi but shows offline on the Tapo app when using mobile data on your phone, it may be your router blocks the camera from going to the internet.
You can try to disable Firewall rules, Access Control, and Parental Control entries on your home router if there is one, then reboot the router, and check if the camera will work fine.

You can also try to enable a hotspot Wi-Fi on your phone, reset the camera, reconfigure it with another phone to connect it to the hotspot Wi-Fi, and then check if you can manage the camera remotely.

Best Regards

Options
2024-05-12 19:51:14 - last edited 2024-05-12 21:19:50

Hello

Same issue with 2 Tapo cameras : c510w and C225

I have a simple box Orange (French) and no firewall. Everything work in my home unless thoses cameras.

No information on Internet otherwise to change DNS to 8.8.8.8 but: 

1. My provider DNS work perfectly

2. It is not possible to change it.

What's wrong with Tapo service?

Is it cloud tapo that is down thoses days?

What can I do?

Precisions:

- my wifi is really good (wifi mesh from TP-link)

- RSSI is -29 that is pretty good

- Cameras work from my home

Options
2024-05-13 11:54:11

@Louis14 

Hi,
The Tapo cloud server should be fine since most customers' smart devices are working.
In your situation, you may try to reset a camera, such as Tapo C225, enable a hotspot Wi-Fi on your phone, reconfigure the camera with a different phone to connect it to the hotspot Wi-Fi, and then check if the camera will work fine.
Best Regards

Options
2024-05-13 12:24:03 - last edited 2024-05-14 08:51:38

I have spent so much time with this issue "unstable network" or in French "réseau instable" to find the solution: JUST DISCONNECT your account and connect it again to Tapo application.

Everything is ok now. 

TP-LINK please fix this issue. If I'm not connected anymore: tell me or disconnect me. But not this wrong error "unstable network". 

Options
2024-05-14 06:00:39

@Louis14 

Hi,
Thank you for your attempt and glad to hear that resetting the camera/removing the camera from the Tapo app and reconfiguring it solves your issue. 
It's hard to say whether the prompt message on the Tapo app is wrong or not without further investigation, but we still appreciate your kind feedback, and we will record it and continue to evaluate and improve the prompt message on the app.
Best Regards

Options
Re:Tapo C200 is showing unstable network error on remotely(mobile data)-Solution
2024-05-14 08:05:01 - last edited 2024-05-14 08:52:04

@Solla-topee Thank you for your answer but I have to correct it because it is wrong and it will not help others users.

I didn't reset my camera

I didn't remove it

I didn't reconfigure it

So for users that have this message "unstable network" you can try to disconnect and reconnect. It will not worls for everyone but for some cases like me. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-05-14 08:53:07

@Louis14  Hi, thanks for the clarification. yes

Options
a week ago

@Louis14

Hi, I am experincing the same issue with you: unstable network when I try to use cellphone data to manage my camera remotely through the Tapo app. just wondering, how did you disconnect Tapo app? I tried logging out and log in agian, but the issue still there 

Louis14 wrote

I didn't reset my camera

I didn't remove it

I didn't reconfigure it

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 703

Replies: 11

Related Articles