Votes

Allow for motion detection to be toggled at certain times

2024-03-12 11:48:26
Model: Tapo D230S1  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.14

For my own specific use case, I would like to be able to only enable motion/person detection at night. As far as I can tell, there's no setting or smart action/automation I can currently use to achieve that behavior.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Allow for motion detection to be toggled at certain times
2024-03-13 08:53:00

@afaneca 

Hello, 
Thank you for your feedback here, we certainly appreciate your feedback and feature request.
While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.
If other users have the same request, please vote on this thread or leave your comments.
Best Regards

Options
Re:Allow for motion detection to be toggled at certain times
2024-03-26 01:05:38

@afaneca Seconded. I installed a C210 in an office with many people during the day but is closed at night. I have to disable motion and person detection during the day and manually enable them at night if I want to use the feature. 

Options
RE:Allow for motion detection to be toggled at certain times
3 weeks ago
"I agree with this feature, it would be very useful to have this setting. In my particular case, I turn off the camera from the app during the day and turn it on at night or when I leave. It would be nice to at least be able to configure the time frame for motion detection to operate.
Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 144

Replies: 3

Voters 5

+ 1 Voters