Activity Zones not working

2024-03-12 15:54:36
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.11

Hello, 

I have an issue with motion detection, when I put the red zone where I want the detection to be captured, it's ignored and and motion is captured from entire camera view. 

I have motion tracking, motion detection, person detection ON. 

Can you please help? Because I get tons of notifications. As you can see, I want to see when my dog leaves her crate, but I get notification everytime she moves in her crate. 

Screen capture

Thank you 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Activity Zones not working
2024-03-13 09:14:41

@Indigos 

Hi,
For the reported case, please help confirm the following information.
1. Please go to the camera's Device Settings>Detection page and send me a picture of this page.

2. Can you share a video showing the event out of the activity zone is recorded? Have you received a motion-detected notification for this event?

Best Regards

Options
2024-03-13 12:36:51

Hello, can I send it to you via email? 

Thank you 

@Solla-topee 

Options
2024-03-14 10:43:42

@Indigos 

Hi,
Yes, I have reported the issue to the tech team, and they will likely reach out to you via email. Please check your email box and confirm.
Best Regards

Options
2024-03-25 08:58:54

@Solla-topee 

Sorry to jump on this thread but I have exactly this same issue on a C510W. Regardless of the fact that the upper portion of the scene is not an active zone I get numerous triggerings in that zone regardless. Motion detection is set to minimum and person detection to 4. You can clearly see the zones set in the picture below and I have also moved the zone well within my property but the camera appears to not heed it. I have the latest firmware 1.1.2 installed.

Options
2024-03-26 08:37:00

@DazAA 

Hi,
1) Please ensure your Tapo app is up to date.
2) Can you share a video showing an event out of the activity zone triggers the motion/person-detected notification? And confirm if you receive a motion-detected or person-detected notification.
Best Regards

Options