RED LED After the Latest Update: Camera Automatically Goes into Offline Mode. TAPO C500

RED LED After the Latest Update: Camera Automatically Goes into Offline Mode. TAPO C500

2024-03-21 15:46:49
Model: Tapo C500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 build 231313 rel. 37124

After the recent update to the version 1.1.3, the camera goes into the offline mode and LED turn RED

Options
4 Reply
Re:RED LED After the Latest Update: Camera Automatically Goes into Offline Mode. TAPO C500
2024-03-22 08:14:53

@Leonelmcz 

Hi,
You can try the following steps for your case.

1. Reboot the wireless router, when it has an internet connection, reboot the camera and check if it will work again.

2. Factory reset the camera if the problem remains, and then reconfigure it and check if it will work.
How to reset my Tapo camera?
How to Set Up Your Outdoor Pan&Tilt Security Wi-Fi Camera?

3. If the camera is not working, what's the LED status on the camera, and what error message appears when configuring it?

Best Regards

Options
Re:RED LED After the Latest Update: Camera Automatically Goes into Offline Mode. TAPO C500
2024-03-22 20:26:24

@Solla-topee 

Hi,

i executed stept 1 and not wokrs, to stept 2 i  had to reset manually to reconfigure again the device. This worked almost for a 2 hours and then the issue is back. The LED status is Red, please find the below photo.

TAPO app the device is shown offline and doesn't show the Live data. Hence I assume something wrong with firmware. 

Options
2024-03-23 19:31:26

@Leonelmcz I've been having the same issue. I have 8 tapo cameras in total (c100, c200 , c310 and c500). In the last 4 days my two c500 cameras, and only those, have been going offline with a red blinking light or a calm steady red. Only solution is to power them off and on again. They stay connected for a few hours and then off they go again. Their firmware is 1.1.3 and I have not changed anything in my home network for at least a year (router, WiFi settings etc). I have no repeaters. It must be something software related. 

Options
2024-03-25 06:50:00

@Mitsosbasis @Leonelmcz    

Hi,
Please help confirm the following information for further analysis.
1. What's the model number of your wireless router? Is the Tapo C500 connected to the router's Wi-Fi directly rather than an AP or RE?

2. When the camera is working, please go to its Device Settings>Device Info page, tap the Wi-Fi icon, and send me the specific Wi-Fi signal value(RSSI).

3. Find the IP address of the camera on its Device Info page on the Tapo app when it's working, try to ping the IP address on a PC connected to the same Wi-Fi as the camera when the camera is offline, and check if you can ping it successfully.

Best Regards

Options