Tapo C200 pans on its own to random position & stucks at this point

2024-03-25 11:01:59 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.11

The horrible bug in your devices is that the cam simply gets stuck to a random position. When I try to bring back via remote control, the cam keeps getting stuck. I turn off & on remotely, it starts pan/ tilt and the goes back to the stuck position. Has happened several times, hence I really do not recommend this device to anyone.

I am tired of running home in middle of job hours just to make sure our pets are alright.

Please solve this bug or give me a solution asap. This poor performance is annoying & unacceptable

Options
4 Reply
Re:Tapo C200 pans on its own to random position & stucks at this point
2024-03-26 06:52:48

@Shish_germany 

Hi,
Please check if you have enabled the Motion Tracking feature on the camera's Device Settings>Detection page. If so, the camera will return to the specific location when you enable the Motion Tracking feature if there are no motions in front of the camera for 30 seconds. 

Can you share the video showing the camera stuck when you pan and tilt it on the Tapo app remotely? 

On the camera's Device Settings> Pan & Tilt page, you can tap Pan & Tilt Correction to check if the camera will reset to the default position, and you can record the video manually on the camera's Live View page after tapping the Pan & Tilt Correction button and send us the video for further analysis.

Best Regards

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Solla-topee

Hi,#All detection / tracking are off. The camera software is upto date & wifi strength is also strong.

Yes, the cam goes back to a random position (typically to one of its maximum extent), after I stop pan/tilt option. Within seconds of handling it switches back to this position

How can I share the video ? Through this thread or email id ?

Options
2 weeks ago

@Shish_germany 

Hi,
You can share the video on the thread, I have also informed the tech team to contact you via email, and you can upload the video to the email.
Best Regards

Options
2 weeks ago

@Shish_germany 

Hi,
Thank you for the video provided. In this situation, it's recommended to factory reset the camera, reconfigure it, and then check if the pan & tilt feature will work fine.
If the problem remains, you can contact your retailer or local support to check if your camera is under warranty.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 121

Replies: 4

Related Articles