Tapo C420S2 Hub Micro Sd Storage Question

2024-03-26 22:48:36 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Tapo C420S2  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I bought Tapo C420S2 câmeras with Hub.

I will install a micro SD on my Hub to storage the recordings from the two cameras.

These câmeras are caractherized by having a rechargeable batteries that last up 180 days.

My question is the following. If there os a power failure or the internet goes down, my hub will still record images from the cameras. If the micro sd was located in the cameras i know that if the internet ir light goes down they will storage on micro sd because they have battery. But what about the Hub? Is the Hub capable of storage images from the cameras even if the light goes down ir internet?

If not what are the solutions?

Thank you very much 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo C420S2 Hub Micro Sd Storage Question-Solution
2024-03-27 08:20:41 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@MPBm 

Hi,
After configuring the Tapo camera and hub on the Tapo app, you can set up detection and microSD card storage settings in the Device Settings > Detection and Storage & Recording pages. These settings will remain active even if the hub has no internet connection. However, when the hub is turned off, it's unable to save the camera's video recordings to the microSD card.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Tapo C420S2 Hub Micro Sd Storage Question
2024-03-27 07:44:56

@MPBm 

Power or internet down = no recording

Options
Re:Tapo C420S2 Hub Micro Sd Storage Question-Solution
2024-03-27 08:20:41 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@MPBm 

Hi,
After configuring the Tapo camera and hub on the Tapo app, you can set up detection and microSD card storage settings in the Device Settings > Detection and Storage & Recording pages. These settings will remain active even if the hub has no internet connection. However, when the hub is turned off, it's unable to save the camera's video recordings to the microSD card.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 137

Replies: 2

Related Articles