Seeking Assistance: Tapo P105 Smart Plug Always Powers On Despite Status Change

2024-04-02 06:33:25 - last edited 2024-04-07 11:30:34
Model: Tapo P105  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 230804 Rel.190922

I’ve been using my Tapo P105 smart plug for over a year (14 months to be precise), and it's been working perfectly until now. Recently, I encountered a puzzling issue: although the smart plug’s status changes correctly (as shown by the green light when I toggle it on and off remotely), it fails to control the power flow to whatever device is connected. In essence, the connected device remains powered on no matter the plug's indicated status.

Here's what I've tried so far:

• Ensured the firmware is up-to-date.
  • Removed the device from the Tapo app, unplugged it, waited a while, and then plugged it in and added it to the app.
  • Tested the smart plug with several different appliances, but the issue persists across all of them.

Given these steps, my questions are:

• Does anyone know how to perform a factory reset on the Tapo P105, or if such an option exists?
  • Has anyone experienced a similar issue and found a workaround or solution?
  • Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm keen to get this resolved and hope to avoid replacing the plug if possible.

Thank you in advance for your insights and help!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Seeking Assistance: Tapo P105 Smart Plug Always Powers On Despite Status Change-Solution
2024-04-07 11:29:41 - last edited 2024-04-07 11:30:34

@JimBobSmith 

Does it work with its power button? This could be due to relay sticking. You can try tapping the side of the plug (for example, hold the plug and gently tap one side on a flat surface).

If that doesn't work or if the issue reoccurs, you may need to contact local technical support for product warranty assistance.

How to factory reset tapo smart plug

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Seeking Assistance: Tapo P105 Smart Plug Always Powers On Despite Status Change-Solution
2024-04-07 11:29:41 - last edited 2024-04-07 11:30:34

@JimBobSmith 

Does it work with its power button? This could be due to relay sticking. You can try tapping the side of the plug (for example, hold the plug and gently tap one side on a flat surface).

If that doesn't work or if the issue reoccurs, you may need to contact local technical support for product warranty assistance.

How to factory reset tapo smart plug

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 107

Replies: 1

Related Articles