Votes

Please add the ability to turn on the camera's alarm siren manually.

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Manually Activate Siren. Please vote on the main thread.

Votes

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Manually Activate Siren. Please vote on the main thread.
2024-04-11 20:55:12 - last edited 2024-04-12 09:18:00
Tags: #Motion Detection #Alarm Siren
Model: Tapo C120   Tapo C225   Tapo C220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Can you please add the ability to turn on the camera's alarm/siren manually?  There are times when I don't want to have the alarm sound every time a person triggers an event but I would like the ability to turn it on myself if I'm notified that a person is there and it's not someone who should be there.  

Example:   Camera watching a walkway where people walk their dogs, AND, where we have seen burglars casing our house.  I don't need the alarm to sound every time someone's walking their dog there but if I get a notification that a person is there and see four guys in hoodies and masks carrying burglary tools (this has actually happened), I'd like to be able to manually sound the alarm. 

This has happened at all hours of the day and night.  Burglars at 4 a.m., burglars at 2 p.m.  Dogs walking past at all hours  

I can do this with my Ring and Wyze cams but am in the process of replacing all my Wyze cams with Tapo cams and would like this functionality. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Please add the ability to turn on the camera's alarm siren manually.
2024-04-12 09:17:29

@SDGTR 

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback. It's recommended to vote on the feature request on the main thread "Manually Activate Siren", and we will keep logging and forward it to the related team to evaluate.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 120

Replies: 1

Tags

Motion Detection
Alarm Siren