Tapo Cara Camera Account forget password

2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone.

I would like to ask for help with the following problem.
My friend had an older Synology NAS with 2 Tapo C320WS recording camera data (Surveillance Station) 
He has replaced it with a new model ,Synology DS423+, but in Surveillance Station application he can't authenticate the cameras because he forgot the password.
Where can I change the password in the Tapo Care app under Advanced Settings / Camera Account?
This is exactly what I mean: https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/2790/

What I tried:
 - Camera hard reset (30 sec)
 - Tapo Care app / Advanced Settings / Camera Account / Forget Password --> but here the phone app does nothing.

In Synology Surveillence, I tried the email address and password I used for Tapo Care, but unfortunately it wasn't accepted.

Does anyone have any idea how I can change/reset the password used for the NVR ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best regards, ripman86

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Tapo Cara Camera Account forget password-Solution
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@ripman86 

Hi,

The camera account for the RTSP/ONVIF connection is different from the TP-Link account. The email address and password for Tapo Care should be the TP-Link account rather than the camera account.

On the Tapo app> Camera's Device Settings>Advanced Settings>Camera account page, you can see the username of the camera account, and after you tap Forget Password to reset the password of the camera account, you can use the username and new password for the RTSP/ONVIF connection.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options

@Solla-topee 

Hi Solla-topee!

Thanks for the extra info that you sent.
I did a hard reset of the Tapo cameras (30 sec), the problem seems to be solved because I had to re-enter the camera account + password elements, which is good news because that was the problem.
The Tapo Care Account (email + pass) I knew was different/not the same as the Advanced Settings/Camera Account,but I hadn't idea, thought I'd try it.

Problem solved, thanks for the help.

Ticket closed.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply

@ripman86 

Hi,

The camera account for the RTSP/ONVIF connection is different from the TP-Link account. The email address and password for Tapo Care should be the TP-Link account rather than the camera account.

On the Tapo app> Camera's Device Settings>Advanced Settings>Camera account page, you can see the username of the camera account, and after you tap Forget Password to reset the password of the camera account, you can use the username and new password for the RTSP/ONVIF connection.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options

@Solla-topee 

Hi Solla-topee!

Thanks for the extra info that you sent.
I did a hard reset of the Tapo cameras (30 sec), the problem seems to be solved because I had to re-enter the camera account + password elements, which is good news because that was the problem.
The Tapo Care Account (email + pass) I knew was different/not the same as the Advanced Settings/Camera Account,but I hadn't idea, thought I'd try it.

Problem solved, thanks for the help.

Ticket closed.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Tapo Cara Camera Account forget password

@ripman86  Glad to hear your case is solved~~ smiley

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 120

Replies: 3