Tapo C520WS ONVIF motion detection not working

33 Reply
Re:Tapo C520WS ONVIF motion detection not working
2024-08-22 12:50:16
Thanks for the support!
Options
3 weeks ago

@CallMeKelv Hi, would like to ask has the issue been solved for you? I do seem to get motion in Scrypted but not in QVR Pro

Options
3 weeks ago

@Solla-topee 

Hi I have the same problem with my C320WS I have a couple of them but no motion in QVR Pro. Do you plan to fix the issue with C320WS as well? Thank you

Options
3 weeks ago

Hi @Solla-topee Sorry to chase but can you help to confirm whether there will be a new firmware for 320WS as well since I have exactly the same problem as reported by others, and Qnap said there is some problem with Tapo cameras above C210. Many thanks!

Options
3 weeks ago

@maisun 

Hi,
According to our testing, we found that the problem occurred because some settings on the QNAP did not meet the standard ONVIF protocol, so there is no motion in QNAP when working with the Tapo camera. In order to ensure our customer's user experience, we provide beta firmware to try to be compatible with QNAP.

For the Tapo C320WS, please send me(@Solla-topee) the camera's MAC address via a private message, and we will release firmware to it. 

Best Regards

Options
3 weeks ago

@Solla-topee Thank you, PM sent.

Options
a week ago

@Solla-topee 

Hi! I am having exactly the same issue with a C225 in my qnap T253a, could I try with the new firmware for resolving this issue?

thanks!

Options
a week ago

@Natmat 

Hi,
We do not have a firmware for the Tapo C225 now, in your case, please confirm:
1) Is the motion detection feature working when using the Tapo app?

2) Can you watch the camera's live feed on the third-party program QNAP T253a via an ONVIF connection?

3) Please send me(@Solla-topee) the MAC address of your Tapo C225 via a private message.

Best Regards

Options
Sunday - last edited Sunday

Hi all!

I just bougth a Tapo C520WS want to use with my asustor nas (AS5202T) SC V2.8.

I add the camera according to this: asustor description.

After that nothing happen. Cannot set anything in the settings, no live view.

If I use SC V3, I can move tha camera via SC, able to record to the nas, but motion detection not working and I dont' have live view.

Using LMDE6, and in Smplayer I can reach my cam, its live view works fine: : ffmpeg://rtsp://loginname:password@cam_ip_address:554/stream1

Anything to do? Thank you for your answear!

Options
Yesterday

@Solla-topee 

Hi,

Is the ONVIF motion detection fix officially released yet? If not, could you please provide beta firmware?
By the way, ONVIF motion detection function did not work on C120 and C325WB as well.
Options
Related Articles