Tapo Doorbell Notifications

2 недель назад
Model: Tapo D230S1  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.14

Hello,

I have a Tapo Doorbell D230S1, had a few issues but all sorted now. But i still have just one gripe/issue i cannot work out!

Someone in another thread descriped it perfectly, but there wasn't really an answer for it, see below:

• Doorbell Video Call - Missed Doorbell
    Maybe a silly question, I have turned off video calls for my doorbell as I am not interested in that.
    However now I am receiving "You have missed a doorbell ring.". Is there any way to have this notification turned off?

I also get these, its not a major issue but it is just annoying.

I get the original notification fine 'Someone pressed the doorbell', so i could go and answer the door, get the package, everythings fine.

But the app thinks ive missed the door and i get a notification saying you missed a ring.

Can i get rid of this but keep the doorbell press notifications on? Seems silly to me if not!

Thanks

AJ

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo Doorbell Notifications
2 недель назад

@Andyh22 

Doorbell Video Call feature is different from Doorbell (Ring). You can think of it as a video call versus a normal phone call and there is also a notification when you missed an incoming call. Do you also find the "unanswered phone call" notification annoying?

That's a strange feature request to me. But you may raise a new post about it on the Feature Request block, let's see how the others think about this request!

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2 недель назад

@Wayne-TP Hi Wayne thanks for your reply!

I just think it is strange you will get a notification saying missed doorbell ring, even when you could have literally answered the door!

So for example, me and my partner share the device on our phones, she got a notification saying 'door missed'. So she messaged me worrying that we didnt receive a parcel. But i actually did get the door, just didnt interact with the notifcation/app on my phone 

Maybe i am just being fussy! coollaugh

Options
2 недель назад

@Andyh22 

The notification will be sent to the phones that logged into the same TP-Link account or the account with shared devices. If your partner did not answer the doorbell notification, then naturally, the missed doorbell notification would appear. 

For me, it doesn't seem right that a notification wouldn't appear on my phone just because it was received/viewed on another phone first. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options