NC450 2.0 disconnects and reboots in loop

3 weeks ago - last edited a week ago
Model: NC450  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.6

Problem with the Camara NC 450 2.0 it's stuck on a loop of reboot constantly. This happens after 2 years of working properly. After 4 reboots it just gets stuck and I have to desconected from the power source. And when connected it begins again in the loop. Tried to reset and it does the same thing without any change. 
please help.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re: NC450 2.0 disconnects and reboots in loop-Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago

@smother 

Hi,
There is no new firmware release for the NC450 recently, if the firmware has an issue, the camera couldn't have worked properly before.
Please check if there are any changes in your home network. If so, the problem on NC450 may be related to the changes in the network.
In addition, it is recommended to try to change the socket to power the camera and see how its LED changes. And when holding the reset button for 10s to reset the camera, pay attention to the changes in the LED. 
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re: NC450 2.0 disconnects and reboots in loop
2 weeks ago

@smother 

Hi,
How do you judge the camera on a loop of reboot constantly? How about the LED status changes on the camera?
When you reset the camera, have you pressed the reset button for 10 seconds? 
Best Regards

Options
2 weeks ago

@Solla-topee 

Hi, I have press the back button form10,seconds  before and it resets. But it keeps on restarting constantly.
The light starts blinking red, then it blinks green and turns again red blinking. Its stars to move up and down until the light turns green for a few seconds. Then it star making a little sound and the light turns red again blinking and it starts moving again. Then  light turns green again, and the circle begins again. 

It does this for around 4 cicles then the Camara just stays looking backward and the red light stays on.

Tried to get to the software this the app and it appears as off line. Tried trough the IP adress, same thing.

prest the back button for reset 

Options
2 weeks ago
Also tried contacting it directly to the router, and the same thing. Thanks for your time. Regards.
Options
2 weeks ago

@smother 

Hi,
It may be the camera is faulty based on the problem phenomenon, you can contact your retailer or local support to check if the camera is under warranty. If not, it's recommended to buy a new camera, such as the Tapo camera, according to your requirements and usage scenario.
Best Regards

Options
2 weeks ago

@Solla-topee That is really sad the cámara just stoped working one day. And it's not the first Camara of this model that does the same thing.

it fist I thought it was just bad luck but 2 cámaras with the same problem. It's a Software problem not a hardware problem.

Options
Re: NC450 2.0 disconnects and reboots in loop-Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago

@smother 

Hi,
There is no new firmware release for the NC450 recently, if the firmware has an issue, the camera couldn't have worked properly before.
Please check if there are any changes in your home network. If so, the problem on NC450 may be related to the changes in the network.
In addition, it is recommended to try to change the socket to power the camera and see how its LED changes. And when holding the reset button for 10s to reset the camera, pay attention to the changes in the LED. 
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Thursday

@Solla-topee 

I am having the same problem, noting that my camera was away for the last 3 years and it worked the other day on version 1.5.2 without issue the app told me to update the camera to a new firmware, since then (2 nights ago) the camera has done nothing but turn non stop and just hang with the red light exactly as per @smother s experience,

I think it's pretty poor to ask us to buy a new camera just for that issue as it was working,

plus it wasn't cheap, similar to another I wouldn't be in warranty as it was bought in 2017 but sighting others have had the issue I am surprised there isn't a fix,

besides the power is there a way to download the old firmware manually and push it back to the camera?

I think saying it's 'broken' isn't a solution as it does power on and also did work before the recommended update. To confirm there have been no network changes at our place as that has stayed constant

Options
Thursday

@MWuu 

I am not the only costumer with the problem. And the answer to get a new Camara is not a answer at all, specially coming from a company like tp-link and the price tag on the product. 
no change on the network just stoped working one day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 146

Replies: 8

Related Articles