TC70 ONVIF PT(z) control randomly stops working

2024-05-30 19:25:47 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: TC70  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.11

as the title really - i'm using Zoneminder and when i attempt to control the Pan&Tilt feature of the tc70 will sometimes go unresponsive and self-reboot to recover itself.

There doesnt appear to be any reproducible way to cause the issue - it seems random. I've used it maybe 10-15 times over the last few hours and no issues, then it crashed & rebooted.

It's on the latest firmware, on a network that is isolated from the internet (LAN-only connectivity).

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TC70 ONVIF PT(z) control randomly stops working-Solution
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

looks like a factory reset has fixed whatever the issue was. Did the reset 4-5 days ago and not had a single issue since.

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:TC70 ONVIF PT(z) control randomly stops working
2024-05-31 08:36:32

@veehexx 

Hi,
When you can't pan & tilt the camera via an ONVIF connection, can you stream the camera's live feed?

You can go to the camera's Device Settings> Reboot Camera page to enable the Auto Reboot feature and check if it helps.

Best Regards

Options
2024-05-31 14:04:02 - last edited 2024-05-31 14:07:11

@Solla-topee no, the stream is dead too (as are pings to the IP address, which then respond again once the camera boots back up). From everything i can tell, the camera is freezing and self-rebooting via the Auto Reboot feature (already enabled).

the camera also goes through it's startup axis calibration process; full pan & tilt limits and then centers itself before continuing, which is why i know it's crashing&rebooting.

I'm still trying to get more info on exactly whats going on - I'll try the tapo app, Onvif Device Manager (ODM) software if i can get it to talk to the TC70, and another NVR software.

The random nature of the issue might be difficult to be 100% sure on behaviour

Options
3 weeks ago

@veehexx 

Hi,
From your description, it's more likely the camera rebooted itself so the ONVIF connection disconnects. You can check if the following steps will help.
What Can I Do if My Camera Frequently Stucks or Reboots?

Best Regards

Options
Re:TC70 ONVIF PT(z) control randomly stops working-Solution
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

looks like a factory reset has fixed whatever the issue was. Did the reset 4-5 days ago and not had a single issue since.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 weeks ago

@veehexx Glad to hear the case is solved!  smiley

Options
2 weeks ago

@Solla-topee looks like it wasnt related to the fw reset, but appears to be related to blocking internet access on TC70. i use a local NVR and block all internet-bound traffic on my IPCam's.

Obivously i had to re-enable internet traffic to allow the tapo app to re-configure the TC70 after the reset the other week, and only yesterday I re-blocked internet. first attempt at PT movement today made the camera crash.

i guess theres some relance on internet connection for it to work reliably. feels like a fw bug since ONVIF, afaik, is a local-only protocol.

It'd be nice to see this fixed in a future update, but not a major issue if i have to keep internet access enabled.

Options
2 weeks ago

@veehexx 

Hi,
After blocking the internet connection, can you ping the TC70's IP address on the local NVR? Generally, the LAN connection between the TC70 and the NVR should work even without an internet connection if they are under the same network, then you can try to stream and control the camera to Pan&Tilt via the ONVIF connection.
Best Regards

Options
Wednesday - last edited Wednesday

sorry, i didnt get an alert when you responded so only just seen your reply. Yes, the camera continues to stream reliably to the NVR after blocking internet. the issue seems specific to the ONVIF movement control

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 142

Replies: 8

Related Articles