Firmware downgrade - where can I download the firmware

3 weeks ago
Model: Tapo C220  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.9

Hi folks,

I recently purchased a c220 and quickly got it integrated into home assistant via Tapo-Control HACS integration. Things worked great until the camera ran an auto-update and the new firmware has a bug

I'm hoping to run a firmware downgrade using the ad card method described in the Tapo-Control bug linked above, ideally to a firmware released prior to the march update. Unfortunately tplink's support page for my model doesn't include firmware downloads, only change logs.

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction to download previous versions of firmware?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Firmware downgrade - where can I download the firmware
3 weeks ago

@J3bus 

Hi,
The latest firmware(1.1.9) of the Tapo C220 still supports the RTSP/ONVIF protocol, we don't have the instructions to downgrade the firmware, and it is also not recommended to do that. In this situation, you can refer to the instructions below to troubleshoot based on the latest firmware, and send me the test results of the below steps for further analysis.
What can I do if fail to stream the Tapo camera via the RTSP/ONVIF protocol?

Note: If you have not tried to change the camera account on the Tapo app> Camera's Device Settings>Advanced Settings>Camera Account page, you may change the password to a new one without special characters for a try.

Best Regards

Options
2 weeks ago
I apologize for my tardy response and if I didn't make my issue clear in the original post. The issue is unrelated to basic RTSP stream, that works as expected. The issue is specific to controlling the camera via ONVIF and ultimately relates to TPlinks rew firmware (as I understand it, tplink is implementing a new API). The full details of the issue were linked in my original post. You mentioned not being able to provide instructions for firmware downgrade, that is perfectly fine, I don't need them. All I need is a link to download the firmware. If you can't provide via public forum, can you please PM me?
Options
2 weeks ago

@J3bus 

Hi,

The new firmware generally resolves some issues in the previous firmware and improves the device's performance. Therefore, we recommend using the latest firmware on the camera. Additionally, the Tapo C220 V1, 1.1.9 firmware has not introduced changes to the RTSP/ONVIF-related protocols. The functions available in the old firmware are also supported by the new firmware, so it is advisable to troubleshoot on the latest firmware for your issue.

If you are unable to control the camera through the ONVIF connection on Home Assistant, could you please describe the specific problem in detail for further analysis? Have you tried using other apps/programs, such as iSpy or VLC, for comparison testing?

Best Regards

Options