Tapo Camera App Compatibility while using NVR as storage

2024-06-05 17:25:09 - last edited 2024-06-14 04:05:46
Model: Tapo C220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I am planning to buy Tapo C220 Cameras, in addition to C210 that I use.

Can I use all the features of Tapo Mobile App (like recording, detection events etc.), if I am using a NVR as the storage option instead of SD card (without Tapo Care).

Would I be able stream the feed via Internet/Intranet on Tapo App using NVR as storage.

I like the Tapo App and don't want to use the NVR provided app.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo Camera App Compatibility while using NVR as storage -Solution
2024-06-06 06:44:44 - last edited 2024-06-14 04:05:46

@CameraMan09 

Hi,
The Tapo C210 and the Tapo C220 support the detection feature and officially support storing the video recordings on the cloud server(after subscribing to the Tapo Care service) and the inserted SD card. 
Since the cameras support the RTSP/ONVIF protocol, you can stream them on the third-party app/NVR if they support the RTSP/ONVIF protocol either, below are the instructions. However, storing camera video recordings on an NVR is related to the NVR settings rather than the Tapo app, and we do not have the instructions to store camera video recordings on an NVR.
How to view Tapo camera on PC/NAS/NVR through RTSP/Onvif Protocol?

After the camera is configured successfully, you can stream and manage the camera remotely via the Tapo app without additional settings. If the NVR and the camera are under different networks, you need to open port 554/2020 on the connected router for the camera to stream the camera on the NVR remotely, and the storage settings are also configured on the NVR rather than the Tapo app.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo Camera App Compatibility while using NVR as storage -Solution
2024-06-06 06:44:44 - last edited 2024-06-14 04:05:46

@CameraMan09 

Hi,
The Tapo C210 and the Tapo C220 support the detection feature and officially support storing the video recordings on the cloud server(after subscribing to the Tapo Care service) and the inserted SD card. 
Since the cameras support the RTSP/ONVIF protocol, you can stream them on the third-party app/NVR if they support the RTSP/ONVIF protocol either, below are the instructions. However, storing camera video recordings on an NVR is related to the NVR settings rather than the Tapo app, and we do not have the instructions to store camera video recordings on an NVR.
How to view Tapo camera on PC/NAS/NVR through RTSP/Onvif Protocol?

After the camera is configured successfully, you can stream and manage the camera remotely via the Tapo app without additional settings. If the NVR and the camera are under different networks, you need to open port 554/2020 on the connected router for the camera to stream the camera on the NVR remotely, and the storage settings are also configured on the NVR rather than the Tapo app.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 203

Replies: 1

Related Articles