Tapo cameras home assistant

2024-07-14 11:22:29 - last edited 2024-08-09 04:03:48
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: 1.3.11

Hi,

When do we get fix for the firmware? All my Tapo cameras do not work in home assistant anymore after firmware update.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo cameras home assistant-Solution
2024-07-15 08:43:53 - last edited 2024-08-09 04:03:48

@Tsv78 

Hi,
The new firmware of the Tapo C320WS supports the RTSP/ONVIF protocols. In your case, it's recommended to refer to the instructions below to troubleshoot.
What can I do if fail to stream the Tapo camera via the RTSP/ONVIF protocol?

Please confirm the following information for further analysis if the problem remains.
1. The results of the above instructions.
2. If you have not tried to change the camera account on the Tapo app, you can try it.  You can also factory reset the camera, reconfigure it, and try to establish the RTSP/ONVIF connection again.
3. Can you establish the RTSP/ONVIF connection successfully if you use other apps, such as VLC and iSpy?

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Tapo cameras home assistant-Solution
2024-07-15 08:43:53 - last edited 2024-08-09 04:03:48

@Tsv78 

Hi,
The new firmware of the Tapo C320WS supports the RTSP/ONVIF protocols. In your case, it's recommended to refer to the instructions below to troubleshoot.
What can I do if fail to stream the Tapo camera via the RTSP/ONVIF protocol?

Please confirm the following information for further analysis if the problem remains.
1. The results of the above instructions.
2. If you have not tried to change the camera account on the Tapo app, you can try it.  You can also factory reset the camera, reconfigure it, and try to establish the RTSP/ONVIF connection again.
3. Can you establish the RTSP/ONVIF connection successfully if you use other apps, such as VLC and iSpy?

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Tapo cameras home assistant
2024-09-05 07:40:06

@Solla-topee 

Having the same issue, new update blocks C120 camera setup in home assistant due to cloud password bug (change on tp-link side).

You can certainly find out more about the issue at the github repository for the integration.

https://github.com/JurajNyiri/HomeAssistant-Tapo-Control/issues/551

This is a product and brand killing issue for me and many others that are using home assistant. I bought the camera only because it was supported in home assistant. 

Options
2024-09-05 10:26:38

@Z13Z 

Hi,
Tapo Camera adds changes to protect product and user information security. Since there is no official collaboration with HomeAssistant, there have been no changes or designs made to the camera specifically to adapt to HomeAssistant. However, our camera supports RTSP/ONVIF protocols, and you can still watch the camera's live feed through RTSP/ONVIF on HomeAssistant.
How to view Tapo camera on PC/NAS/NVR through RTSP/Onvif Protocol
Best Regards

Options
2024-09-05 16:31:59

@Solla-topee 

It's an unfortunate turn of events. Having the motion sensor from your camera useful in HA was a strong selling point for your products.

Options