Help Needed: Connecting TP-Link P110 Smart Plug to a Different SSID

2024-07-23 10:41:20 - last edited 2024-07-24 09:53:22
Model: Tapo P110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone,

I have multiple SSIDs set up in different parts of my network. Currently, I have a TP-Link Tapo account with two devices connected to one SSID. I recently purchased a P110 smart plug and want to add it to the same Tapo account but connect it to a different SSID for better signal strength.

However, every time I try to set up the P110, it automatically connects to the same SSID as my existing devices without giving me an option to select a different SSID. I’ve tried resetting the smart plug multiple times, but it didn’t help. I even blocked the MAC address of the new device from my router, hoping it would prompt me to choose a new SSID, but instead, I received an error message asking me to connect to the previous network.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or have any suggestions on how to resolve it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Help Needed: Connecting TP-Link P110 Smart Plug to a Different SSID-Solution
2024-07-24 06:49:12 - last edited 2024-07-24 06:49:18
I managed to find a solution. I’m sharing it here in case anyone faces a similar problem in the future. The key was to choose Bluetooth for adding the device instead of Wi-Fi. Doing so prompted me to select a Wi-Fi network, allowing me to connect the smart plug to a different SSID successfully. Hope this helps someone else too!
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-07-24 09:43:57 - last edited 2024-07-24 09:44:06

@Soumyadeb 

Different hardware versions of the same model device may have varying configuration methods. When setting up the product, it is important to follow the configuration prompts provided in the app.

For example, when configuring a Tapo P110, the app will prompt you to select the appropriate configuration method based on the information provided on the product packaging.

More troubleshooting suggestions: What should I do if I fail to configure the Tapo Smart Plug?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
2024-07-24 06:49:12 - last edited 2024-07-24 06:49:18
I managed to find a solution. I’m sharing it here in case anyone faces a similar problem in the future. The key was to choose Bluetooth for adding the device instead of Wi-Fi. Doing so prompted me to select a Wi-Fi network, allowing me to connect the smart plug to a different SSID successfully. Hope this helps someone else too!
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-07-24 09:43:57 - last edited 2024-07-24 09:44:06

@Soumyadeb 

Different hardware versions of the same model device may have varying configuration methods. When setting up the product, it is important to follow the configuration prompts provided in the app.

For example, when configuring a Tapo P110, the app will prompt you to select the appropriate configuration method based on the information provided on the product packaging.

More troubleshooting suggestions: What should I do if I fail to configure the Tapo Smart Plug?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 160

Replies: 2

Related Articles